the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New idea for trackers!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:03 pm 
I' m not sure if this idea is around but... I think it would be a good idea if every user on a tracker must have a login name.. and before downloading a torrent from the server he must login and when he logs in his IP is attached to that login name.. SO when he Uploads/Downloads that information will be saved to the Users STATS and if the user downloads a full "FILE" he must upload 100% of the file untill the tracker allows him to click another link... That would be the best way to prevent leachers. "I dont know Just something for people to FLAME about :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:46 pm 

Some torrent communities already do that, except for the:
Quote:
upload 100% of the file untill the tracker allows him to click another link.
But instead of that, they keep track of the ratios and if you have a good ratio you can download new torrents that are uploaded on the site, but if you have a bad ratio you have to wait a while. In extreme cases with bad ratios, you will be banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:49 pm 

BitTorrent isn't meant for sharing; it's meant for distribution. Even if people aren't sharing, someone serving data via BitTorrent will get much better results and use much less bandwidth than if he were serving via FTP or HTTP. People who don't share, or don't share much, automatically limit their own download rates unless there's lots of excess bandwidth running around in the torrent.

Post subject: yup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:36 pm 
I Understand that shadow I use Bittorrent ALOT and I share alot.. I save all the .torrents that ive downloaded into one folder and before i goto bed i use torrentspy to see which torrents are low on seeds/peers...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]