the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:49 pm 
Hi ;)

Three suggestions, in no particular order...

a) A feature which tracks total upload & download per torrent file between sessions.

So if I needed to close the client for any reason I'd still know whether I'd shared as much as I'd leeched.

b) Maybe also a feature which continues seeding until (at least 1/1, user specified) ratio between upload/download has been achieved.

c) Ability to open and leech/seed from multiple torrents at once.

Thx for your time

easy ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:28 pm 

the second two options are already avaliable in ABC ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/pingpong-abc - currently T0.2.0 based)

The first option I believe is also in ABC, and may already be in recent versions of BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:49 pm 
Yah, I know.

But I've found more entertaining ways of using 95% of my CPU time ('only' an XP1600 with 512MB DDR).

I'm using BitTornado 0.2.0 and don't see a) anywhere..

Post subject: yes it does..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:49 pm 
A) is already implemented in 0.3.1 so im sure its also in 0.3.2... I know this because I save all of the small .torrents into a folder on my computer so when im sleeping i can seed :P.. My upload/download stats might be being saved in them .torrents in that folder? Or mabe its built into the client.. Im kinda thinking its in the .torrens in that folder now that I think of it.. But mabe you should do that too :D , its better saving them if you share :twisted: 584KB of saved torrents :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:31 pm 
it would be great if the user could choose how the multitorrent system would handle downloads... for example:

download all and seed all at the same time.

download one by one, not downloading the next in queue before ratio has reached 1 (with a useradjustable timeout and then jump to next torrent in queue if no (or a given set of) peers are available, and/or upload speed falls below a given rate).

downloading one by one, seeding all at the same time...

it would also be neat with a statistics feature showing information like total downloaded and uploaded bytes (with ratio) for each and the current tracker and total downloaded and uploaded bytes (with ratio) for all sessions ever, with an option to reset or it save as a txt file. something like flashfxp has in sitemanager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:12 am 
Anonymous wrote:
it would be great if the user could choose how the multitorrent system would handle downloads... for example:

download all and seed all at the same time.

download one by one, not downloading the next in queue before ratio has reached 1 (with a useradjustable timeout and then jump to next torrent in queue if no (or a given set of) peers are available, and/or upload speed falls below a given rate).

downloading one by one, seeding all at the same time...

it would also be neat with a statistics feature showing information like total downloaded and uploaded bytes (with ratio) for each and the current tracker and total downloaded and uploaded bytes (with ratio) for all sessions ever, with an option to reset or it save as a txt file. something like flashfxp has in sitemanager.

shadow what do u think of this?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]