the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Change Green Light
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:49 pm 
Please change the green light to a lighter green. I had to stare at it for a while to be able to tell if it was green or black. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:51 pm 
The color is just fine it just means you either gotta well turn of the brightness on your monitor or well get a new graphics card.

My suggustion is to start banning ip address or isp's from accessing this site. Reason being these days the major problems section is just full of riduculus spam. The say something and they don't even backup their points another words its attention seekers who want to stir up some trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:33 pm 
please add UDP tracker support :( i love bittornado, but a few people continue to post UDP tracker torrents (and i have no choice but to use those) - and i've had to use utorrent. which is nice, but trying to make it resume and such took me 3 tries to line it up with the right directory. also it said it was completed, but when i ran bittornado on the same torrent it came up as 99.7 or 97.something percent, and i usually run bittornado on every download to make sure it was downloaded completely properly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:42 pm 

Can we get an "open" button for single-file torrents to appear or enable when it finishes? Perhaps we can double-click a file in the "details" window to open it? These are things that should be considered. I don't like to have to sort through all my files to get to something I just downloaded, but then again, I've always been disorganized. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:45 pm 

I tend to run my torrent minimized to the systray most of the time. Would it be possible to have the color of the systray icon to change to match status light color so I don't have to keep opening the gui to check on status. My isp assigns dynamic ip's and they do a reset every now and then which interrupts my torrents. I restart and resume but only if I happen open the gui and find the status light red.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I gave up reading after about 5 pages out of 16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:57 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
please add UDP tracker support :( i love bittornado, but a few people continue to post UDP tracker torrents (and i have no choice but to use those) - and i've had to use utorrent. which is nice, but trying to make it resume and such took me 3 tries to line it up with the right directory. also it said it was completed, but when i ran bittornado on the same torrent it came up as 99.7 or 97.something percent, and i usually run bittornado on every download to make sure it was downloaded completely properly :)

It probably is because the clients are different and you have some code to differentiate between each client (and that was the difference between a complete file and an incomplete file). That happened to me, so I disabled the .bt or .ut extension depending on the client. I'm still trying to figure out if BitTornado has something like that, because I only use it after the client is complete with downloading.

Anonymous wrote:
15 pages is a lot to read.
but i'll just voice my opinion, and you guys can ignore it if it has been mentioned.

Unicode for torrents other than English. Because I keep having to use BitComet to download Chinese torrents and i really dislike BitComet actually.

other than that, that's it.

thanks

Why not download uTorrent, because it uses very little spaceand it supports unicode without having the huge bloatware. It has a 576 kb unicode language pack.

.... Hmm...

Oh, Why not figure out a way to support many languages without having to use a large amount of disk space. uTorrent has already mastered that.

And also be prepared to have it become multi-platform, because it might have a better effect on many users.

And instead of the light indicator, why not have the progress bar have these three colors:

Red: Pieces that you do not have and are unavailable in the swarm the entire time.
White: Pieces that you do not have, but they are available in the swarm
Blue: Pieces that you have, and are available in the swarm. The darker the color, the more that peers have the piece.

Adjacent to the progress bar:
Orange Warning Sign: The swarm does not have a total of 1 complete file (Problem finishing file)
Yellow Exclamation: Firewall/no incoming connections
Green Smiley Face: The tracker is functioning properly
Black Sad Face: No peers in the swarm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:27 am 

I know that BitTornado is first web-seed used.
I wan't to have such posibility in torrent-client. There are many free ftp-http storage services for example in free-e-mail's (free hostings and free file storages). The torrent-client may uploading some part's of downloading files to such ftp server and offer to download this parts to other leachers by http-protocol (web-seed likely). This is may be very usefull for the people with internal IP adresses. The size of storage is limit. Transfer in such way safe confidenciality of ftp login password. On trackers I use the number of internal IP's leachers to external IP's leachers is 1 - 4. As for for me I have internal IP and very often in situation of very slow downloading or any downloading. :roll:

PS. The using of e-mail protocol for parts transfer between leachers with internal IP's is too exotic but not impossible. In the case of e-mail - is important have posibility to use number of e-mail adresses to normalize amount of e-mails and have possibility to regulate a e-mail limit. Some problem's may call spam filters.
Such ideas is specialy interested for people who's provider's have free-zone e-mail's and ftp server's. It's a stereotype that torrent is not http-ftp, and absolutly other thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:10 pm 

Hi guys,
how about the ability to make torrents, with a simple gui... that would be convenient... with high bandwidth speed..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16