the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:00 am 

or some sort of shoutbox, users identified as numbers or something, server deals out the numbers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:32 am 
implement some sort of fast resuming? trying to resume more than 1gb file puts a strain to the hdd and causes serious slowness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:30 am 
could you possibly add a download speed limit option? when it downloads at max speed it cripples my network, and being able to set a maximum download speed would help a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:55 am 
Not sure if it's been mentioned...
Would be nice if tornado retained the u/l speed settings from the previous session.
Me and the other members at Spankdonkey.com like the improvements you've made. We're not the P2P site we used to be...we are mostly tech support and movie/game 'discussion' now thanx to the fkin mpaa.
Keep up the good work bro! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:26 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
could you possibly add a download speed limit option? when it downloads at max speed it cripples my network, and being able to set a maximum download speed would help a lot

Yea, Capping the download speed would be nice :D

Post subject: share rating limit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:17 am 
There's an option in ABC, a software I wouldn't really want to switch to, as I really like how simple is Bittornado...

:arrow: The ability to disconnect a completed torrent once it reaches a certain configurable share-rating level...

Next fall I'll be in UNI and they have a crappy 8 gig/month limit for the internet, so I'd like to keep the least acceptable behavior which is keeping a share-rating of 1:1... And I won't have the luxury to "forget" a torrent running anymore...

It wouldn't even have to wait the integrated multi-torrent interface, there's already the share-rating display in the program, I guess you'd only need an auto-close or something...

I'm sure that option was suggested before but well...

Thx, love shadow/tornado

Kindjal
[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:45 pm 

Maybe adding the ability to add plug-ins would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:07 am 

yes, with plugins ppl could write stat reporters and so on, and maybe also a shoutbox thing for each torrent and so on, it was stupid on april 1 when the naruto was a fake, and why did it have to be pron? what if someone downs it for his/her kids then they got kids with questions n stuff, not a good joke

then after april 1 someone else did it again, for no reason

anyway, with comunication ppl could say what the torrent exactly is, have a lil info on them, know what's going on and so on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:30 pm 
Personally I would like some sort of web interface similar to eMule where by you can tell it what to download remotely or otherwise just check out how your torrents are doing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:40 am 
$ick wrote:
*Auto saves torrents to a specified folder when you launch .torrent from a browswer.

That's what I really want. Pretty please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:07 pm 
My suggestions:

1) Prioritize download of some files in the torrent. I want to have all files in the torrent, but if some part is available I prefer to have get this instead of another random part.

2) I like the default allocation scheme, but would it be possible, to "finish" a file that is completely downloaded even if it is not allocated yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:29 pm 
Great client - I only ever use the command line since it runs on my home linux server and I don't have to be logged in all the time.

The only suggestion I'd make is to be able to use an IP block list (i.e. SafePeer or whatever). I know there are a few other clients that support this feature but they're all GUI based so they're no use to me...

Cheers !

Post subject: password protection
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:51 pm 
Hi theSHADOW could you consider password protection so the client can be locked to the taskbar like nova torrent or mirc. I think a lot of people would find this very useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:51 pm 

Speaking of SafePeer/PeerGuardian. Is there one for linux? I'm switching back to linux next month and I'll like to know if there's one...

Is there's a word for hatred against MPAA and RIAA? If not there needs to be one...

~Matt

Post subject: File Extentions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:47 am 
I was wondering if it would be possible to add a temporary file extention to files before they are complete?

eg FileName.avi.tornado

Just to show which torrents are complete and which are downloading/seeding

This would become even more useful when the multiple torrent function functionallity is implemented

Also it would allow automated transfer of completed torrents torrents to a seperate directory/drive and reduce file fragmentation

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next