the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:24 pm 

I think a while back I read a blog of his saying why he chose the protocal that he did. I would link you, but it seems his blog site is down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:52 pm 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
No he hasn't. In fact, it's almost certainly still going to be TCP.

Check out these links:
http://p2p.weblogsinc.com/entry/4845286863127275/
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=491

Perhaps I am misunderstanding?
Even if Bram is not planning on supporting the UDP protocol, from what I understand, it is definately a worthwhile idea. I have done lots of testing with it and I have seen no problems.
Both Azureus and XBT already support it. I don't see what the problem is?

Thanks for your time Shadow. Keep up the great work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:56 pm 

Well,
I didn't notice those headlines, I was going by an old blog that he had. I guess Bram changed his mind after many people argued with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:06 am 
it would be great if the user could choose how the multitorrent system would handle downloads... for example:

download all and seed all at the same time.

download one by one, not downloading the next in queue before ratio has reached 1 (with a useradjustable timeout and then jump to next torrent in queue if no (or a given set of) peers are available, and/or upload speed falls below a given rate).

downloading one by one, seeding all at the same time...

it would also be neat with a statistics feature showing information like total downloaded and uploaded bytes (with ratio) for each and the current tracker and total downloaded and uploaded bytes (with ratio) for all sessions ever, with an option to reset or it save as a txt file. something like flashfxp has in sitemanager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:55 am 
The priority function in bittornado is not very user friendly as it is now, having to manually set download priority for each torrent. how about an (global) automatic priority and skip list system like FTP clients have? All files are transferred according to the priority list, and if the file doesn't match it is transferred after in the original list order. The skip list should be able to skip 0 byte files, empty directories and both lists should support file masking (*.*). Wouldn't be very hard to implement in a future version... what do u think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:25 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
TheSHAD0W wrote:
No he hasn't. In fact, it's almost certainly still going to be TCP.

Check out these links:
http://p2p.weblogsinc.com/entry/4845286863127275/
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=491

Perhaps I am misunderstanding?
Even if Bram is not planning on supporting the UDP protocol, from what I understand, it is definately a worthwhile idea. I have done lots of testing with it and I have seen no problems.
Both Azureus and XBT already support it. I don't see what the problem is?

Thanks for your time Shadow. Keep up the great work.
Shadow? Do you have anything to say about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:11 am 

"udp-based tracker protocol" -- we were talking about the peer protocol above. 'Nuf said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:45 am 
I don't think I understand what you mean?
Peer's don't communicate using UDP...
UDP is used when communicating with the tracker for announces/scrapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:28 pm 
TheSHADOW,
I have been checking out G3 Torrent and it has some pretty neat features (and some that aren't so great). I was if you could implemet some of them because I would prefer to stay with your client. Here is a link http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net/. Thanks for all the great work that you have done.

The J

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:06 pm 
Hey,

To make it short:

I don't like to download and install programs on my pc, that I have to remove a week, or a day later just because the program sucks, doesn't work, or simply because I just don't like the interface/skin (yes, like for instance the original bitt°rrent client, being praised with the crappiest interface in the world!).

here's my question:

Can you put up a picture of bittornado, so that I can look how it looks like?
It will help me to decide wether or not I'll switch from another client to yours.

(btw. I actually allready expected you guys to show off your product with many pictures... But I couldn't find any on the whole website. Even if the program graphically doesn't look very super, still, it gives a better idea of how it works.)

--------------------------------------------------
Give the simple shit to the simple of mind.

Post subject: G3???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:12 pm 
Quote:

Duh!???
G3 seems nicer then Azareuz. Maybe I'll check that out too...

You see; that's what I was talking about, when speaking of pictures...
I miss that in here.
G3 seems a really impressive client, just because of the pictures.

I bet I won't uninstall that one for the graphical interface!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:47 pm 

Suggestions: (Just read a few pages)

Upon Completion of torrent:
- Play default or specified sound
- Open folder
- Open file

Upon certain ratio seeded:
- Play default or specified sound
- Change Icon to a white box filling up to blue with 100% being all blue

In Detail Window:
Double-click file to open in default application or folder of it
Make the file size a seperate column and show it in the most relevant byte size. (4GB, 10MB, 10KB)

Unify Detail and Advanced menu into a double layered panel with the files on top and the ips on the bottom and shared buttons in the middle and not-shared ones on the bottom.

When the distributed copy amount is less than 100%, change the text from "also seeing 0.14 distributed copies" to "with a total of 14.2% visible"

Of course, the whole sentence below the bar can just be a table of |PEERS|SEEDS|AVG %|TOTAL COPIES|TOTAL SPD|
and color the TOTAL COPIES a red if it's a % and blue if it is at or above 1. Same for seeds.

Post subject: A timer on BT?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:04 am 

How possible would it be to have a timer controlling how long or until when a certain torrent stays open on my pc?
The program obviously uses most of my bandwidth and I am sharing it, so right now I'm forced to leave a timer on to shutdown the entire computer instead of just the torrents.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:36 am 
I'd like this feature a LOT also.

My ISP monitors periods of extended upload to decide if any user is running a server. If I upload for over 2 hours continuously they cap my upload at 10kB/s until I call them up and complain.

I need a client that will automatically pause downloading every 2 hours for 5 minutes and then resume. I hate having to do this manually, but what choice do I have?

Post subject: ncurses gui
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:00 pm 
A ncurses gui would be nice.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next