the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:29 pm 
Considering that I use 5.8.11 under Linux with no problems at all...I think that a Mac/Linux version is rather superfluous, don't you? ^_^

And as far as suggestions...I honestly can think of few, other than possibly implementing an "acquire peers from peers" feature...which might lower the tracker load.

As far as I can tell, though, Shadow is quite stable and efficient on my machine, so I really have no major feature suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:19 am 
I love this client... I've tried many other clients and all those other clients leave me disappointed.

I can't think of any new suggestions at the moment, but i really hope that you'll keep these features the same:

A simple GUI like the current one. Other clients have such sophisticated GUIs with multiple tabs, this and that, which is actually confusing and boring to set up. TheShad0w's client is simple and to-the-point. I hope it is kept that way.

Nothing lower than 3kBps upload speed. If users are allowed to upload at 1kBps, the torrent would be dead soon enough. Please maintain that minimum of 3kBps.

Thank you so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:18 pm 

ssjkakaroto wrote:
TheSHAD0W what do you think of being able to permanently ban peers based on their IP, client or share-ratio?
IMHO it would be nice to be able to ban clients that download a 5GB torrent and have a share-ratio of 0.0

The client will give very little data to another client that doesn't upload to it, unless it doesn't have anywhere else to send the data, so banning such a peer is unnecessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:31 pm 

It would be really nice if I could "release" my upload limits upon finishing downloading. So that my upload wouldn't choke my download during the leeching and still I could seed at full speed when finished without having to wake up & adjust the limit by myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:51 pm 
ssjkakaroto wrote:
TheSHAD0W what do you think of being able to permanently ban peers based on their IP, client or share-ratio?
IMHO it would be nice to be able to ban clients that download a 5GB torrent and have a share-ratio of 0.0

I had a simular thought, but since (currently) the ratios are calculated in the current session client side it would be a protocol change (unlikely). Given that scenario, take a linux ISO, thats a large file that you download then terminate the client (so you can install linux) and dont continue to share (until they can get a client up again). So it's difficult to judge a person based on the ratio (that only they can see).

am I totally wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:49 pm 

@nvertigo: some trackers show the share-ratio of clients, take a look at this "interesting" picture:
http://www.filesoup.com/forum/index.php ... t&p=183101

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:17 pm 
well by all means your core is the best and works like a charm, so the only thing that you have to "fix" is the way it looks. What i suggest you is not to make it too complicated with to much details, cuz dont forget the majority of the i-net users are not power users and dont care much about numbers. If you can make the GUI to look like just the way the xp-styled IE 6 download window i think it will be most convenient. Come to think of it, you could actually have a config. wizard to run after installation, just like emule/k++. ... and of course to give priority of files :P

and thanx again for making me enjoy anime, you like a saint bro! ;)

JaZz out

Post subject: Resuming Downloads
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:58 pm 
Just curious, but is there a way for BitTornado to auto-resume torrents downloading in the event of say, a sponteneous restart? If not, could that be implimented as a new feature. Perhaps integrated within a download manager of a sort.

*Went back to this project since the beginning as other clients weren't thoroughly worth-while.
- "Hey, had to see what else was out there, right?" ^.^`

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:27 pm 

Can u make it so the Time elapsted counter still runs when seeding ?

Post subject: a web interface
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:39 am 
of some kind would be fantastic, if it were compatible with abc's then even better. I guess that this could not work without the unified/single window downloads though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:19 am 
i think someone suggested this before but in the advanced menu you could make the buttons above each section (like uploaded, downloaded, ip, etc etc) sortable

you know, so that when you click on the downloaded tab (which currently does nothing but still depresses when you click it) it could sort all the user's listed from the most downloaded or the least....making it much quicker and easyer to keep an eye on things if your into the more technical side of things.

you could do that with all the tabs (except mabey the * tabs lol)

I dont know how to program myself but from what i understand, this would be quite simple to implement.

But as i said.... i cant program so i dont know for sure.

What do you think shaddow?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:18 pm 
I suggest an option of being able to export the .torrent file to a location on your harddrive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:29 pm 

norseman wrote:
I suggest an option of being able to export the .torrent file to a location on your harddrive.

whats the point in that ? you can save the torrent to disk from the website you found it :?:

right click > save as

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:55 am 
FiReStOrM wrote:
norseman wrote:

whats the point in that ? you can save the torrent to disk from the website you found it :?:

right click > save as

Some have advanced php scripts running and that is not possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:17 pm 

@norseman: can you give us an example of a page that has that?
personally i've never seen a torrent that couldn't be saved, even if the page had php scripts

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next