the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:00 pm 
http://www.bt-gm.com
I had to use wget to obtain the .torrent file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:07 pm 
You can't right click and save target as...shame....works for me though.
Maybe it's a browser issue? Works for IE6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:34 pm 

works perfectly on Mozilla Firefox, just clicked and saved.

btw i think it's best if you delete the link from your post since it's not a legal one :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:54 pm 

I use firefox and it does not work. It saves the php file instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:22 am 

if you click the link it will save the torrent, if you right-click it then you'll save the php page

Post subject: Searching
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:58 pm 
Is there a way you can implement a search function for torrents?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:12 pm 
I'd like the following:

Less memory usage (dear god please), and a change log of some sort, If there is one I can't find it.

Also could someone explain the differences in "cores"* here? From what I gather Bit torrent is a p2p network of sorts (yes I understand the premise it works on) but what makes shadows client different/special? Optimizations? Where?

And what about new "features" and "options", wouldn't that require a change in code for the TRACKERS too? Or are you just taking advantage of options already there but un-implemented? Can trackers tell the diff between clients cores anyways? (do they need different modules for each different client cores) ?

*Yes I understand that most clients such as ABC are just GUI's to the CORES they use

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:52 pm 

There must be a way to combine everyone's upload speed into one super speed. Let's say person a has 16k/s, person b has 16k/s, so both should be getting 32k/s at the same time! bt unlike any other p2p allows everyone to download the same file all at the same time by combining all their bandwidth and is distributed accordingly. how about using copying and paste technique? which makes bandwidth unlimited even thought their is a limit. like when you upload and set to 4 or 6 etc. It will send at your best upload speed of say 40k/s and send it all to 4 people at 40k/s each. since you are all connected together, how is this not possible?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:06 am 
Holy cow lots of good sudgestions. i have a couple more.

1. Maniplativable ban list (based on id if it can be used to register a individual system) so that serious torrent users who belive in what torrents are for can use to to ban people that repeadly hit n run.

2.logging. logging ability of people who download from you how much and how much they share or dont. this could also be based on id. Lets try and make that feature usefull.

thank you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:50 am 

batmanst wrote:
It will send at your best upload speed of say 40k/s and send it all to 4 people at 40k/s each. since you are all connected together, how is this not possible?

I presume you mean somehow broadcast the same IP packets to more than one destination....
I'm not 'up' on the low-level basics of TCP/IP atm, but I don't think it is possible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:41 pm 
Would it be possible to implement an option/button to search for more peers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:52 am 
Rage2kk2 wrote:
Would it be possible to implement an option/button to search for more peers?

if you click on the "Advanced" link and then click on "Manual Announce" it will search for more peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:44 am 

ok sorry this might be out of place, but it seems the protocol isn't like....superdistribute
ex: the new bakasan naruto release always takes about 5 hours to finally get some seeds, it seems like the first seed distributes the same chunk to several people, shouldn't it always send different info to different people, so it get sent to everyone faster? supose there are chunks 1 2 3 and 4, it just sends chunk 1 to everyone first, then chunk 2, isn't it better to sent chunk 1 to one guy, chunk 2 to another, it would quadrupel the distribution speed
right now i let it run for a while untill i get no more dl since it gets stuck at a certain %, along with hundreds of others with the same %, after a while i run it again and so on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:57 pm 

@Drakuun: I think Superseed mode prevents exactly that from happening but instead of creating a new seed faster it makes the first distributed copy to be faster, that's why it should be used only by the first seeder. A few days ago i created a torrent and after uploading only 105% there already was 1 distributed copy available but no seeds of course (this means even if i disconnected, as i was the first seeder, people would still be able to get the whole file)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:36 pm 

apart from that, i have a nice idea wich does include coding a feature for the program, wich supports the protocol (so it should be on it's place here)

a subscription to a certain serie could be nice, my naruto could come in when the fansubbers are finished making it :D this way i won't have to keep checking all webpages n stuff, it can also be managed off course not to notify everyone at once, but in an hour radius or so if neccesary

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next