the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Systray Ratio
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:59 am 

How about showing your ratio in the systray mouseover effect. It gets quite annoying to have 10 torrents running and having to open EACH ONE to see my darn ratio...

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:07 am 
The feature i wish to see the most right now is rather simple. It's to make it so that the Upload rate and Max uploads settings are remembered
upon exiting BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:07 pm 
a new GUI is what we need. keeping track of bittorrent windows is such a hassle.
you can't really choose to leave a permanent seed in a download you like, nor seed your own files for any length of time.
not all users are shady misfits who're sharing the latest(illegal) thing.

i, for one, would like to FTP .torrent's, and then seed every one of them. it won't be fast, but the world's download of my file is shared, and to me that's what matters.
even better, i'd love to find such users, and as mentioned before, leave a permanent seed.

BT, instead of being only processes should be a real program, containing these processes. i'd love if i could let it auto-start. IMO, designated "permanent seeds" should be slightly out of view in the program, and their' files sharing a common folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:54 am 
Hi

How about changing the tray icon background color according to the ratio reached?
For example:
grey: not finished yet
white: finished, ratio type :-(
yellow: finished, ratio type :-|
green: finished, ratio type :-)

However, thank you for this great client!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:44 pm 
Automatic shutdown features would be cool. Shutdown after all torrents, shutdown after no progress for x minutes, shutdown at time of day, shutdown at x:y (simplified) ratio after completion. I usually use a run --> shutdown -s -t xxxxx, but I would love to have a powerful shutdown component built in so I could do shutdown after completion or other combos. A stack of booleans could do nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:52 pm 
Hello,

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but in new version, I'm not exactly sure, but in version 0.3.7 you guys made a feature for quick download. Another words Expire Resume Data in Advanced options. Can you guys please make that setting to be also turned off. Sometimes my torrent doesn't download all the way, it's 99.9%, but when I retstart it right away, it shows 100%. After that I move my PC time 3 days forward, so the resume data gets deleted and I restart the torrent once again, now when it checks every kb, it shows me that it wasn't downloaded 100%, it was only 99.9%.

Anyways, I'm just asking if you could please make that feature to be also shut off like in previous versions that bittornado didn't had at all.

Thanx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:33 am 
My suggestion is more work on the command line. btdownloadcurses.py and the like still lag behind the GUI version feature wise, right?

Linux geek :)

Post subject: a couple suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:48 pm 
Someone mentioned the a way to ban per IP, which I think is good, though I'd probably never use. How about a way to create trusted IPs or a local network? One might add their local network to the trusted list so everybody there could download without rate limits.

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but a better way to deal with downloaded files in launchmany: all the torrents in one directory; specify a directory for downloads are are not complete; specify a directory for completed downloads. When adding a new torrent, the completed directory would be checked first, then the partial directory. This would make things oh so much easier. Any of those directories could be the same or different. Could even go like so: /torrents/; /torrents/complete/; /torrents/partial/.

Post subject: Daemon Mode
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:19 am 
You should throw in a daemon mode/script so a peon like me can start btlaunchmany.py and fork it to bg during boot.

Also, I set display rate to -1 (which generally disables whatever) it generated ### SYSTEM ERROR - EXCEPTION GENERATED, but it still seems to work - netstat shows it's listening and python is running as it normally would. How about adjust it to not say ### SYSTEM ERROR - EXCEPTION GENERATED and just let it go daemon-ish. But I might be wrong, this is what I will be using to help seed Patrolling with Sean Kennedy.

(OpenBSD works well with it... hurrah.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:49 pm 
dont know if this has been posted yet, but all those .torrent files can get to be quite a bother. mabye an option that deleted the .torrent file after it finished reading and d/l through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:51 am 
the QUEUING of downloads is what we need!

so that the next file is started once the first one has finished! its a pain in the a$$ to do this manually. especially if youre into downloading many smaller files ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:16 am 
I use btlaunchmany.bittornado under debian Sid, and it ROXX.

I'm using this alias:

alias btseed='btlaunchmanycurses.bittornado /home/debian/bittorrent --max_upload_rate 13 --saveas_style 2 --display_interval 2 --minport 46666 --maxport 46670 --max_initiate 7 --max_connections 25 --displaypath 0'

so I only have to write "btseed" and everything works fine.

... or it'd work fine. But the max upload rate 13 does not work, it goes up to the theoritical maximum (16 kbyte/sec, I have a 128 kbit/sec uplink) --> my browsing and downloadig will be damn slow.

I don't know how the number of max_initiate and max_connections should be determined, but I set them to 7 and 25. I always have more than 40 connection though.

BTW, I came here to suggest one feature, it'd be damn easy to write: could you make btlaunchmany.bittornado write out the ammount of downloaded and uploaded data not only for each torrent, but the common dl'ed and ul'd data?

And if you'd fine-tune the max connections and max upload rate commands, would be great. But that's only a request of me, keep workin' on what you'd like.

Thanks for the whole bittornado project, cheers :D
dikki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:02 am 
I'd like to run a distribution process among my own PCs internaly,

so all the PCs connect to each other distributing the latest changes in my files,

and it'd be great if there was an option so i can say --shutdown_after_idletime 10

and it will shut the application down after 10 minutes no upload occured (which means normaly that all the peers are finished)

perhaps the next option would be nice too but the obove is important and better

--shutdown_after_ratio 2.0

which shuts down the client after reaching double upload as download ..

thanks in advance, it would mean a lot to me if that option would be exiting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:32 pm 
In multipart torrents I can't open a file unless I close BT. It would be nice if there was a feature to unlock a file after it has completed so you can use it. I wouldn't mind if it was combined with an open with default application type of feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:18 am 
AUTO PORT OPEN

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next