the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Feature Request
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:47 am 
Here are two feature I would like to see.

1. The program finishes and exits on ratio completion. In short is finished when a preset ratio is reached.

2. I would like to be able to tell the detail screen to download sequentially. Now this would work more as a preference than an hard rule. For example, File one is prefered over file two and so on. This would help on very long downloads, also you would not have to individually set the priorities on each file.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:44 am 
Maybe the option is already there, but can't I find it so here it goes...

I want the ncurses client, btdowncurses.py to be transparent against the root window (like aterm is).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:12 am 
Sometimes when I download a torrent that has mostly remote peers, I get my file very fast, and then share till a least 1.0 ratio. When I check the advanced window after getting a good ratio, I notice that often I have gotten a good chunk from a particular peer but have not shared much back at all. I was wondering if there could be some way to preferentially seed to the people who sent you parts of the file.

If I understand correctly Bittorrent does something similar to this when a new peer with 0% of the file joins by "optimistically unchoking" their
connection twice as often as normal. Maybe Bittornado could also give this treatment to people who have shared more than they gotten from your client after you have the complete file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:16 pm 
I have switch to using ABC 2.6.9 because it handles the bandwidth of mutliple downloads better than bit tornado and has terminate on ratio. However, a major missing piece in ABC is the you can not specify which file in the torrent to download first. I like the interface of ABC but also I functionality of Bittornado. They both have their strong point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:19 pm 
i would like to see this feature....

when the file finishes downloading, bittornado automaticaly switches to seeder. that way if i am away from my computer and the file finishes downloading bittornado doesn't keep downloading for no reason... slowing down the stream for all the other peers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:51 pm 
bittornado doesn't keep downloading for no reason.. when you have fully downloaded your file you become a seeder and your progress bar becomes green

Post subject: Suggestion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:42 am 
Well just though I'd suggest sth for the new version coming up: A NEW ICON /TASKBAR ICON. that grey and white background with BT on works... but might be nicer with something that looks a little nicer? :roll:

Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:21 am 
Pbot wrote:
Well just though I'd suggest sth for the new version coming up: A NEW ICON /TASKBAR ICON. that grey and white background with BT on works... but might be nicer with something that looks a little nicer? :roll:

:arrow: http://bittornado.com/download.html, look at "Replacement Status Light sets" :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:13 pm 
Sometimes the error messages I get when using BT are too big for the screen. When I try to resize or maximize the window to read them, they dissapear. I don't remember if this same behavior occurred when the error messages stayed on screen until the next error message occured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:26 am 
Anonymous wrote:
bittornado doesn't keep downloading for no reason.. when you have fully downloaded your file you become a seeder and your progress bar becomes green

so when my status bar goes green, even though the settings are still on dsl/cable fast, it automatically starts seeding? therefore if i don't change the settings myself it doesn't matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:01 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

so when my status bar goes green, even though the settings are still on dsl/cable fast, it automatically starts seeding? therefore if i don't change the settings myself it doesn't matter?

yep... its automatically seeding... the seeder option is just so that you can upload more as a seeder instead of capping your upload rate limit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:03 am 

i'm not sure if anyone has already posted this but in the next version i would like to be able to select which files i want to download in a multi-file torrent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:09 am 

never mind... i just found out you can already do that lol sorry i also want bittornado to automatically check for new version on start up or something and i would also want a setting in preference so that you can choose something like DSL slow and set a specific KB per second rate limit to be set as default so i don't have to put it back on the number everytime i start a download

Last edited by lalalalalalala on Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A timer on BT?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:36 am 
Holy Moly wrote:
How possible would it be to have a timer controlling how long or until when a certain torrent stays open on my pc?
The program obviously uses most of my bandwidth and I am sharing it, so right now I'm forced to leave a timer on to shutdown the entire computer instead of just the torrents.

I think it will be generally great if a "shutdown" option would be added. It could be as Holy Moly said a "timer sutdown" or a "shutdown computer after download". Its very usefull. I would appreciate that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:48 am 
Drakuun wrote:
ok sorry this might be out of place, but it seems the protocol isn't like....superdistribute
ex: the new bakasan naruto release always takes about 5 hours to finally get some seeds, it seems like the first seed distributes the same chunk to several people, shouldn't it always send different info to different people, so it get sent to everyone faster? supose there are chunks 1 2 3 and 4, it just sends chunk 1 to everyone first, then chunk 2, isn't it better to sent chunk 1 to one guy, chunk 2 to another, it would quadrupel the distribution speed
right now i let it run for a while untill i get no more dl since it gets stuck at a certain %, along with hundreds of others with the same %, after a while i run it again and so on

I've had exactly this same problem with many older torrents. most recently with a torrent that had 2 seeds and ~8 clients. nearly everyone had the download finished to the same point and once your download reached this point it ground to a halt. (i.e. 0 upload and 0 downloads. btw the seed i was connected to also showed 0 data traffic) although about once every few minutes one of the stopped clients would get a new chunk and distribute it to everyone else, and then every client grinds to a hault again. ( i'd post a torrent suffering from this but i've "fixed" it by finishing the torrent then normal seeding the torrent)

right now i think having a torrent stall like this is a symptom of having only superseeders seed the torrent.

I'm wondering if the superseeder mode could be altered to check for other superseeders and revert to normal seeding if another superseeder is found. or alternatly revert to normal seeding if ANY other seeds are found.

I intend to keep seeding the torrent i most recently found frozen to see if I can prevent it from freezing again.

Thanks,
Lawsonpu

P.S. mel_lawson at yahoo dot com if u want to e-mail me about this.

P.P.S. I'll try to post a link to a "fozen" torrent next time I find one

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next