the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:49 pm 
How about allow sorting for each column in the advanced table :?:

~Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:53 pm 

Mac wrote:
How about allow sorting for each column in the advanced table :?:

http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?p=1352#1352

Post subject: Feature Request
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:50 pm 
It would be nice if you could have the client finish and exit at a certain ration. It does not need to be a complex step of rules. Just a simple checkbox with a ratio next to it. For example: If you check the box it will finished and exit at 1.0. You could have preset list of values in the ratio like 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0. I think that would be a useful feature.

Post subject: check small files first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:52 pm 
Should be a simple thing, but man it would be nice if small files were checked first. I end up trying to test something and my largest >3g torrents end up getting checked first, so I'm waiting for them to finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:29 am 

how about a feature where you can ban leechers and so on? or is that impossible? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:19 pm 
raz0r wrote:
how about a feature where you can ban leechers and so on? or is that impossible? :?

There are many problems with this, not to say it can't be done.

You can't really tell if a peer has an opportunity to upload. If they don't, then their ratio will be low.

A peer may reconnect a lot, which probably resets their current ratio, depending on the tracker.

Peers could remember other peers based on IP, which may be useful in the long term, but dynamic IPs are pretty common. Changing IPs would then be good for leeches and bad for uploaders.

I made a post about public key authentication. This way you could at least authenticate peers you know are good uploaders and allow them first access. I think this runs cross the grain of bittorrent, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:27 am 

how about 'open torrent file without default save' ?

once i save the torrent file in wrong place , i can't change it anymore because bittornado remember save path and always download to that location. imaginge save 2 GB file to the wrong drive that has only 500 mb free space and u can't change it anymore, that's pain .

or any way to clear the cache save path of bittornado ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:17 am 
nont wrote:
how about 'open torrent file without default save' ?

once i save the torrent file in wrong place , i can't change it anymore because bittornado remember save path and always download to that location. imaginge save 2 GB file to the wrong drive that has only 500 mb free space and u can't change it anymore, that's pain .

or any way to clear the cache save path of bittornado ?

Bittornado -> Prefs -> "Ask where to save:" -> always

Post subject: Re: Feature Request
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:27 pm 
Phaysonwulfe wrote:
It would be nice if you could have the client finish and exit at a certain ration. It does not need to be a complex step of rules. Just a simple checkbox with a ratio next to it. For example: If you check the box it will finished and exit at 1.0. You could have preset list of values in the ratio like 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0. I think that would be a useful feature.

Auto shutdown at certain ratio would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:44 am 

could we like....think harder about the auto shutdown feature? i mean sure....good thing n all, but there's a major abuse issue here, if we could find a way or something to stop the abuse, we could be thinking of coding such a thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:42 pm 
Abuser are going to abuser no matter what, thats why you have ratios. Any time you create limits you need to mindful that you are not punishing the users just because there are childern out there that never learned to share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:53 pm 

Hi I was just wondering if you could add a function where if you close the "BitTornado" window you get confirmation on it being closed and have the option to save the target file so you can open it back up with out having to remember where it was you found it or have it capture the web site and display it in the main window?

Also is there a Visual basic version of the source code? because I only know VB so if there is such a copy old or new can some one send me a e-mail...

Thanks
Web Works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:48 am 

err well sure abusers will keep abusing, like they abuse right now
but why would we give other ppl the ability to abuse or even encourage it? if we limit it, most ppl will follow the boundaries n stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:12 am 
If you just put in the options to quit at a 1:1 or greater ratio, then abuse will be a lot harder. They'd have to change the source, which would mean you get into a very different kind of users than the average joe.

I would personally like this feature very much, since my university (= my isp) can get very annoying of you download too much. If I can put in a ratio of 1:1.5 then I don't screw other users, but I won't forget a torrent either. That would make sure I don't get an angry email again about me upping > 25 GB...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:55 pm 
When I said they get annoying when you download too much, I of course mean upload too much...

They are mainly trying to stop fxp-ing, but they of course want to keep basic filesharing to a minimum as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next