the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:06 am 
About 2 months ago this problem started occoring to me. The FAQ says words to the efect you probley have bad memory (im to old and tired to fall for that shwing) or picked up some unusal dll file (What ever that is, besides im to ignorent to find a fix some code problem). My instincs such as they are tell me its an atack of some sort. An few things burn my ass more then coming home from work to see my all to expensive conection has been siting its ass. Anyways i have become complety confident now that i can avoid this by opening a "sacrifical instance of BT". This instance must be on and the torents must be minumized so that it is the one on the fartest left of the sys tray. Minamize its drain on bandwith of corse. It will take the hit every time. More then one have not been nesesary yeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:32 am 

Your instincts are wrong. "Download Corrupted" is reported when BT saves a complete piece on the disk, then comes back later and finds it was changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:54 pm 
eer fair enuff i was merly bitching, sorry. I probley should of headed it "the poor mans bypass". I meen i wouldnd change a gig of ram untill there is other stuff crashing and i simply lack the knoledge (or motivation..hehe) to takle a code problem. All i realy what to relay it that the far left instance of BT is the one that is dumping every time, and That by puting up a blocker has sovled the problem well enuff for me. By the way thanks...i love BT its changed my life at least till i get arested or somthing hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:26 pm 

It's not necessarily RAM, but it's worth checking. Go to memtest.org and grab their test utility.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]