the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: General descriptions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:02 pm 
I'm pretty new to BitTornado, and BT in general so if this is not where I should try to get the info... then I apologize. I was looking around for a little more info on what some of the terms that I'm finding in BitTornado are describing and couldn't figure it out on my own.

For example, on the Advanced tab, what is the column labeled "Interesting," as well as some of the others, actually desribe? I would assume choked means that it has too many clients, but I'm not sure? Also what is the actual proportionality between an Upload setting to the Download setting?

I understand that this is advanced information, but I'm just interested in understanding more. If this is something I should find somewhere else, just let me know. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Post subject: BitTorrent info
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:15 pm 
Here is a paper writen by the inventor of BitTorrent, Bram Cohen, witch describes the concepts of the protocol :

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/bittorrentecon.pdf

and there are some other infos from the same original site of BitTorrent:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/protocol.html

welcome to one of the best P2P tool yet !!

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:36 am 
Just curious, what's external announce and manual announce?
Is that anything that will help us out more or less?
If only I could learn more abt the advanced features, but I'm not exactly genius, so I'll just have to go one step slower at a time...I'm trying to figure out things slowly :)
Thanks ahead...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]