the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Large Link Management
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:42 pm 
I have a large two way link to the internet (>1Mbps). It seems that I am constantly uploading to others at 8Kbps or more, but I am only downloading from them at less than 1Kbps.

I guess this is because they are upload capped at some set speed and are trying to split their uploads (my download) between lots of users.

As an example, I currently have one user who has downloaded 9MB from me and I have I have only downloaded 0.1MB from them. This is typical for me. My Share ratio is currently 2.958 :-)

Is there a way to limit my upload capacity to users based on their upload to me. I have set the upload parameter to 10Kbps, but then this just means I get a ratio of 1:3 or 1:5.

I know this is part of the BitTorrent spec, but it just ain't working for me, and I'd like to FORCE a better ratio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:05 pm 

I believe shadow could program it. Though it'll Sacrifice the efficiently of the Swarm. So I believe he isnt going to do that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]