the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:55 am 
I would find it helpful if I were able to sort columns in the advnaced window. I would like to do this by being able to click a clumn header and have the column auto sort to ascending, then if clicked again, auto sort to descending.
I dont think this feature would be hard to incorporate into the program. Anyone one else think they would use this type of feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:10 am 

Well I dont see the need to have it in the Advance window.... I mean its just a waste of coding time if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:18 am 
same for me, i don't need it. lot's of the stats change very quickly (upload/download rate) so it would be very dificult to get them ascending.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:30 am 
I'd like to use it to see who I have uploaded the most too, and who I have downloaded the most from. I completely disagree, I think these features would be very handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:19 pm 

But why? Why would you want to check who you upload to? There is no point to it. Unless you are trying to track people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:54 pm 
Wow, peranoid much?
I simply like looking to see what I've uploaded and downloaded so far. I guess I'm the only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:51 am 
I'm with ya ;) would be great with sorting :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:27 am 

Oh well i guess the majority wins ;)

I just see no need for this kind've feature. I usually just glance at it to see if i am connected to a good section of the swarm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:31 pm 
I also like the idea of sorting, in my case I would like to sort by % completed. Now, whether there is any point to sorting the list or not... it imposes some form of order on the list, which is something I like to see, but beyond that I don't see a strong need for sorting.

The advanced list:
1) Lets you spot how many people are interested in you, and how many people you are interested in.
2) Lets you try to gauge if someone is a leecher or not.
3) From a productivity standpoint, doubles as a screensaver for many users. Neat to look at, but otherwise pointless.

Are you connected to a good section of the swarm?
Look at the main torrent screen:
    Connected to 213 peers with an average of 34.3% completed (total speed 2357kB/s)
    Connected to 26 seeds; also seeing 34.999 distributed copies.

This tells me: There are effectively 60 seeds, and the average client, of which there are many, has 1/3rd of the torrent. They are downloading at an average speed of around 10kB/s. I'd call that an acceptable dl speed for my needs, and it is only an average, I'lll probably dl faster most of the time (I've managed to be a bit over twice that speed most of the time, which is my capacity).

//Torrenal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:39 am 
I would also like to see sorting... I was going to start a topic on it so I'm glad to see there's already one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]