the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:19 pm 
Hadn't used BT in a while and bought a new hard drive and did a new XP install on my box. I re-downloaded the bit torrent and bit tornado software and was getting constant yellow lights. Finally a tracker told me my port selection was messed up and I realized all of the settings have changed in this new 3.7 version.
So I setup a new port range between the 10000-60000 figures, reconfigured my router and finally see the green so I know all is well. :)

Just a couple questions though, I see that UPnP port forwarding is enabled by default now. If I leave this off, will there be any degradation of my bt abilities ? Why was the default changed ? I was told UPnP opens up some large security problems. Should I turn it on and enable it to work in my router ?

Also, if I let bit tornado randomly select the ports to keep a low profile with my ISP, do I have to forward the entire range ? 10000-60000
Or maybe forward a 100 port range and let BT randomly select 10 ports from that 100 to use each session ?

Thanks Shad0w or whoever responds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:44 pm 

UPnP I've never turned this option off. Though Shadow has said in the past you can turn it off if it is giving you problems. I better leave someone who understands UPnP explain this.

My answer to the Router forwarding. Yes you have to forward the entire range that you entend to use for bitTornado. Though the number that should be opened i'll leave that to someone to suggest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:22 am 
lol i opened prt that bittornado uses and it still stays yellow it does download though (my xp and router firewalls r off

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]