the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:43 pm 
I recently downloaded some episodes of the OC. I'm downloading episodes 1-7 or something all in one torrent file. Well the first one said it was done and it kept going on with the other ones. I tried playing the 1st one with WMP and Divx and neither worked? Is the file bad? Is there something else I need to use? Do I have to wait for all 7 to finish? I am a newb to this program, just got it last night. Any help is helpful, Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:28 pm 

Even with a faulty codec you should be able to hear the sound.

Uninstall all your codecs and install this http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... fdshow.cfm

should take care of your codec problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:25 pm 
Fuck, I deleted my other codecs, and tried loading that one you gave me. It says "error! can't initialize plug-ins directory. please try again later." My computer wont load that or other things. It always says that. Now none of my mp3's will play either :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:26 pm 
I installed my other codec as a temp. so i can play music again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:46 am 
If this is a multi-file torrent, you need to close and resume the torrent to unlock the already finished files. You can't play them when locked. They also need to be "done" (details screen), if they are only on 100%, click the "finish allocation" button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:30 am 

opps yes while the other files are downloading and writing its impossible to play while the download is going on. Just follow what Punisher suggested.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]