the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:42 am 
I wonder if someone could give me some advice, or at least point me in the right direction to get advice.

Fairly new to Torrents, but learning quickly. Have had some success converting downloaded AVIs to VCD but thought I would try last night to convert to DVD. Managed to find the following guide, which I worked to:

http://www.lancey.info/tutorial/divx2dvd.html

Problem came toward the end when trying to author DVD in DVD-lab. I managed to insert the video file into the Project, but was given an error message when trying to insert the Audio file (previously extracted in VirtualDub).

Error message states:

Cause: Wrong frequency, DVD supports PCM audio 48 or 96 khz
File frequency: 44.1 khz

I have been back to VirtualDub and tried playing with the settings and re-extracting, but cannot come up with a frequency other than 44.1 khz.

Interestingly, the Audio file created by TMPGEnc Plus is the correct frequency, although for some reason it appears to be a second longer than the video. Could I use this file instead? Am not sure why this file is normally discarded to be replaced by the VirtualDub extraction, could someone enlighten me?

Apologies if I am overlooking something really basic, as I said I am a newbie. Please be gentle with me!

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:33 am 
First I want you to point to http://www.doom9.org/, there you can find many guides and tools for all audio/video related stuff.

You need to convert your audio track to 48kHz. Because VirtualDub only extracts the track, you will have to use another tool like BeSweet and related for the conversion process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:03 am 
Thanks for that Punisher, have had a look around Doom9 and there appear to be far more ways to skin a cat than I originally thought.

Think I will persevere with the current method for now, if only for the reason that I have so many downloads to convert that I can't really take on too many more applications for now. Once I have a bit of space on my hard drive I will have a look at these other conversion methods.

Have had a look at the BeSweet, but not downloaded yet, will try this evening. Hopefully it will all be fairly intuitive, otherwise I will be back to ask more questions.

Thanks again for your help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]