the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bittorrent Vs Azureus
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:13 pm 
Hi

I am considering un-installing Azureus and going with bit Tornado because I find that Azureus uses far to much of my RAM [about 25-30] and I cant game while it is running.

Am I going to find a big difference with bit Tornado?

Also, what can I do with all my currently running downloads from Azureus. Will Bit Tornado pick them up half way through?

Much much thanks

Gregor, New Zealand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:47 pm 

Well on my system it only uses 10 megs of ram... though thats just one download and i am just seeding. Man Ram is so cheap now a days just get buy some new ram sticks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:04 pm 

>Bittornado should pick up where the torrent left off, as long as you know where the saved torrent is.

>Last time I tried Azurues it also lagged out my system, expecially when I left it over night. Bittornado wont be as bad, but I'm not sure about multi-torrents; I usually have about 1-2 torrent running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:44 am 

I also find the same problem with azerues, bit tornado also tends to eat my memory but then 0.3.7 doesnt seem any where near as bad for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:00 am 
bittornado eats memory, but i hope the next GUI will change this.....

memory usage depends on the size of the torrent, i'm downloading a dvdsized torrent and it takes around 80mb of my memory. while a small file only 'eats' around 35mb......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:00 pm 
dont see how a new graphical user interface will change the way the coding works with windows but hopefully it might look better even know i think it looks great the way it is. The creater would be better off streamlining the code rather than the face! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]