the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:59 am 
Ive got cable internet *unlimited speed dl(varies on ammount of connections on server)/512k upload, with an unlimited account but am going very slow (10kbs). How can i make torrent go fast? is it something to do with ports or somethign? Ive tried to jack up my seed setting but nothing :( can some1 plz help

thx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:25 am 
goneski wrote:
Ive got cable internet *unlimited speed dl(varies on ammount of connections on server)/512k upload, with an unlimited account but am going very slow (10kbs). How can i make torrent go fast? is it something to do with ports or somethign? Ive tried to jack up my seed setting but nothing :( can some1 plz help

thx

Are you some kind of dumb ass? What kind of ISP would offer unlimited download speed? The torrent will not go any faster cauz you have been conned good & proper. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:19 pm 
wtf! i havent been conned! My plan works like this: The more ppl on the network, the slower your speed, and if i was miraculously the only 1, i get all the bandwidth!!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:41 pm 

Is the light yellow? Are you on a school network?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:21 am 
What is the maximum for "all the bandwidth?"

It sure in the hell isn't "unlimited."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:43 am 
Telstra/Bigpond offers "unlimited" cable with "uncapped" speeds, but "unlimited" means 10GB traffic per month, afterwards they slow down your connection, also "uncapped" means best available speed, which can vary from 0 to 10MBit/s (10MBit/s is the physical limit of the cable modem).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:50 am 
the punisher has it 100% right, ive got telstra! but i heard that i forward some ports it goes really fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:43 am 
If you have a router, you have to forward ports.
If you have a firewall, you have to configure the firewall properly.

Usually a green light in bittornado means, that you don't have to do anything with ports. But you should limit your upload speed to 80% of your max upstream. For 512kbps upstream, set a max upload rate of 50kB/s (or less if you're running multiple torrents or want to do other stuff with your bandwidth). When you always only get low speeds, you can try to change the port range bittornado uses, your ISP could be blocking the default range (6881-6999).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]