the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:25 am 

Ooo, I like that zero! The progress bar and slanted buttons would be a real bear to implement, and there are some other things that'd need to be changed, but it's truly nice! This is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:25 am 

Cool, glad you like it. I've seen the slanted buttons in an app somewhere before I'm sure, but I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how to do it. If you could pull it off though I think it looks much nicer than the usual square boxes. Even without the slants though I think the client would still look quite nice and simple. The last thing I want to see is this client looking like the Kazaa browser. :)

Is it possible maybe to just use images for the buttons like an image link works on a website? I design websites so I'm always thinking in that kind of way when I design stuff.

What do you think of the built in RSS idea? Let me know if you want me to make any changes to the mock up images for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:51 pm 
i love the 3d effects shown in buzards, but other than that the parallelogram was the best one.

id like a progress bar in the multi torrent listing, and also id like the progress bars to show which bits are downloaded, as in buzzards. i could make all this with photoshop, but it would take too long...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:22 pm 
zero is a genious!!!! i vote for his!!!!! if anyone wants snything other than the perfection that zero has made they can kiss my ass :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:24 pm 

zero_rox wrote:
zero is a genious!!!! i vote for his!!!!! if anyone wants snything other than the perfection that zero has made they can kiss my ass :)

I haven't really made anything except a photoshop image. All the credit should be going to TheSHADOW for making thebest BT client available.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:29 pm 
I made that parallelogram progressbar in wxpython (i used latest version 2.5.1)
source-code: http://web.pr.hu/tomper/temp/bar.zip
here is a pic:
http://web.pr.hu/tomper/temp/bar.gif
if you like it i could make the buttons too.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:42 pm 

Sumo wrote:
I made that parallelogram progressbar in wxpython (i used latest version 2.5.1)
source-code: http://web.pr.hu/tomper/temp/bar.zip
here is a pic:
http://web.pr.hu/tomper/temp/bar.gif
if you like it i could make the buttons too.

Nice! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:42 pm 
Sumo u r the man! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:10 pm 

You guys all suck (j/k)

You cant make skins. Im gonna show you the way it should look.

Like this :

...but all joking aside. I see people asking what the hell and how could I make it. Well if you know a little bit about photoshop or paint shop pro then you can work on something. I took the original skin and made all the text editable and all the parts so you can change it. And since im such a nice guy. Ill even give you guys the PSD (Photoshop Layered File) to use so you can start with that to create your own stuff. Its very easy and even if you dont want to create some kind of skin from this, its still fun to play around with.

PSD File Link :
http://www.damienbenoit.com/newskin.psd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:07 pm 

Hi!

I know nothing really about programming nor am I very good at photoshopping, but I thought I'd go ahead and share my opinion anyways;

From what I've seen in the previous posts, I really like Buzzard's clean, simple, and 'pleasing to look at' look, but I find this skin will make BitTornado look a lot like ABC's client.

Now, zero's is definitely original, and I really like the tabbing at the top. It's also very simple for a novice user, and all the info you need to know about your download is right in front of you.

Pretty much all I did was use zero's current design, change a few things, and then add in Buzzard's colours. This is how it turned out;

and/or

PS. zero, I hope you don't mind me altering those things from your original design, just wanted to see how they turned out. Either way, I think yours is awsome!

Last edited by Zep on Wed May 19, 2004 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:43 pm 

i do like Zero's idea of a skin very much... i hope i actually get to use it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:01 pm 

Zep wrote:
PS. zero, I hope you don't mind me altering those things from your original design, just wanted to see how they turned out. Either way, I think yours is awsome!

I don't mind, but unless I'm missing something all you did was change the text colors and the tab colors? I'm pretty sure the tab colors would be controlled by your windows skin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:21 am 

zero wrote:
I don't mind, but unless I'm missing something all you did was change the text colors and the tab colors?

Yep, that's pretty much all I did. I guess it's just a skin of yours. (Will there be a way to use different skins?)

I changed the colours to what I thought was a bit easier to see, and the only other things I did really were change the top window bar and the position of the 'share rating'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:48 pm 
0+0=zero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:50 pm 
^positive

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next