the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:20 am 
Hi all & TheSHAD0W !
First, congratulations for this client (BitTornado), it's fucking good.
I think a per-torrent system (like actually) is good, but if you want to make a clean GUI and multiple-torrent system, it's better again :D.

I love the 5th one imagined by Buzzard :
http://project-2501.net/gallery/other/BT-Concept-5.png

GUI is perfect :) (except some edges of some icons but it's not very important), with preferences to choose the round-level of the progress-bars, and a per-torrent preferences to choose how long we want to seed after it's finished (like in Azureus), what upload-speed, etc...

Thanks for all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:55 am 
How about releasing it as an engine with a API. There could then be numerous GUIs as people came up with ideas. And just do one, like the one suggested above, as one alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:27 am 

CodeMonkey, this has already been done. Several GUIs clients have been based off my client code, including Burst! and ABC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:49 am 
cka wrote:
My attempt is pretty simple, but it was entirely done with html and the hta application launcher so :p

www.versuscity.net/crap/bittornado.png

cka's design is what I'd really like if there were to be multi-torrent support. Simple and functional. Just needs a couple more buttons :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:42 pm 

sleipner wrote:
i added tabs instead of buttons & removed main menu.. i think it looks bit better now..

/me places vote for sleipner's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:00 am 
Quote:
/me places vote for sleipner's

same here, by far the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:47 pm 
what i think would be great if you could switch between the mutliple torrent and single torrent skins because i really like the simple look now for when i am downloading just one file but if i am downloading many i would like to be able to see them all in a window like some of the above skins show. so here is me begging you guys to make some single torrent skins also with the ability to switch back and forth. maybe make just the multiple one and then create a button that would pop up the one torrent kind. just my 2 billion dollars there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:25 am 
sleipner wrote:
here goes...

1. is tabs to select witch torrents are shown at 2.
    Torrents tab: shows downloading files
    Seeds tab: Files being seeded
    History tab: downloaded torrents.. for re-seed :)

2. shows bit info about torrents..
when one torrent is selected more info will be on 3.

3. Detailed info and settings about torrent selected on list(2.)
(this is here cos i wanted to get rid of horizontal scrollbar on 2.)

toolbar should be bigger tho.. and better pictures for buttons.
if toolbar is good enough it doesnt even need menu..

ask if there is something confusing/stupid..

hope you all like it :P

I like this one better than the second one :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:29 am 

Idea with lights is the best one. Needs some improvements, but stick to it, and BTornado will become and excelent and unique torrent client :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:38 am 

Well here's what I came up with. This is basically my idea of the perfect download window as I have always wanted. Keep in mind I chopped up a bunch of windows to make this so ignore the mis matched title bar and inconsistant stats. :)

I think that looks damn cool personally, although I may be biased since I designed it. I don't like the status light part so I'll change it later to something similar to Buzzard's idea which works better. I tried to keep it compact because I really hate those BT clients that take up the whole damn screen if you want to see all the info and it's one of the reasons I use this client in the first place. I'm pretty fond of the shape of the default BT window and I think this would be a nice compromise between big and small for a client that's "all in one window".

If it was a perfect world I would add a built in RSS feed reader at the bottom and a drop down box to choose which feed to use (TVT, Suprnova, etc). Add an option to auto download to the default folder when torrent name contains specific words, and option to play a sound file on completion, and you've got the coolest bt client I can possibly imagine.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to make any changes you'd like to see Shadow. Let me know what you think. (sorry that the bottom of the window is just kind of chopped off, but you get the idea) :)

I may make some revisions and post an updated one later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:16 pm 
I vote for zero's concept! The parallelograms make it look very slick. And yet it is very compact.

I like Buzzard's too, but personally I don't need all those stats at a glance...all I really want to know is a) the download rate and b) percentage downloaded, and c) the ETA.

P.S. Someone please change the icons!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:09 pm 

I vote for zero's design, it looks cool. I'd rather have the progress bar with smaller blocks though cause it would make it look like the download is going faster since it wont take as long to add another block. :wink: But overall it looks great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:13 am 

I was thinking maybe an option to choose what style bar you want would be good, but that's up to Shadow. I personally would like that segmented bar like Buzzard showed as well as a standard bar that you could toggle really easilly. I'm going to make some changes to my concept tonight and post a new image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:10 am 

Alright here's an updated version with the changed status lights and a built in RSS reader which is just something I'd like it obviously doesn't have to be part of the client for this design to work.

and

and here's one more with the segmented download bar, a quick switch button could easilly be added to switch between the two styles (or three for a solid standard bar) although I'm not a programmer so I don't know how easy that would be to implement.

Any requests/suggestions? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:28 am 
yeah! I like the zero's program It's real nice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next