the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:35 pm 
Heres mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:45 pm 
crappy screenshot, abstract idea, its no where close to anything I would release, but I was bored, I didnt finish it. If you want to edit/add/use stuff from it, then go to http://www.apoxtheory.com/images/ it's a .psd file, I made the whole thing in photoshop, so if some of it doesnt look like something that you may find in a python then dont be alarmed.

If you do end up using something from it in any way, then I would really appreciate a credit link to apoxtheory.com, thanks. Nice work everyone, I like what I see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:46 pm 
btw: messy .psd file :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:54 am 
Heh, don't really like that one, sorry. Doesn't have options to anything.

I'm liking Sturty's, very nice looking :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:38 am 
you can add options, and you cant just copy paste a .jpg into a C++ builder and everything will work. I am meerly showing the basics. Some of the features that these other skins request may be out of reach for python.

Post subject: Compact GUI concept
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:36 am 
Hey guys, as a fan of Bittornado I thought I'd join in and throw some ideas into this creative melting pot. I don't have a programming background so not sure if all the concepts here will work.

This is an idea for a very minimal interface for monitoring several torrents at once. This is designed with the following in mind:
:arrow: A quick glance should show you how things are doing.
:arrow: Small size so it doesn't take over the screen initially.
:arrow: Basic and most important info shown - other info available through user interaction.

Buttons at the bottom would open the separate windows for extra info & options for the selected torrent - as currently happens. I thought this best as combining everything in one window - even tabbed - limits or sets the width of the whole window to that needed for the largest tab.

Large progress bars for download AND upload help show at a glance how things are doing. Slight colour variation distinguishes between the amount downloaded/uploaded previously and the amount in the current "session". The upload previous and new is dependent on Bittornado remembering previous session details - which I think the newer versions do. I guess if upload progress past 1:1 needs to be shown then a darker colour again from the start over the blue bar could be used.

As you can see green indicates a download with the download stats in green on the same row - ditto for upload in blue.

Other "not so important information" on a torrent can be displayed by one of the following:
:arrow: Rollover
:arrow: tool tip
:arrow: Details window
:arrow: expanded window

I thought that error messages could alternate where the torrent title is i.e. toggle every couple of seconds between error message and torrent title.

Also I've shown download times only using 2 time "units" to save space. i.e. either hours & minutes or minutes & seconds. I figured if a torrent is estimated to take several hours then how many seconds makes little difference, only when the torrent reaches less than one hour would this be more useful and switch from hrs & mins to mins & secs.

I've used the XP look but this would change depending on users OS. I figure those that use windowblinds would want Bittornado to look the same as their other programs and not have a different look again.

Well I hope you like at least some of my ideas for a compact interface and that they've come across ok in my static photoshopped pic.

Happy designing,
Orgazmic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:37 pm 

It sucks, I know, but maybe you can look at it and get some ideas to minimize the default appearance.

The key things are the contents of the Properties and Advanced screen along with the yellow highlight box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:26 am 
very nice Orgazmic!!
but the screen is a little bit to small....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:46 pm 
You rock M3wThr33!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:44 pm 
apox wrote:
you can add options, and you cant just copy paste a .jpg into a C++ builder and everything will work. I am meerly showing the basics. Some of the features that these other skins request may be out of reach for python.

I never said everything I've seen can be done in python, I just didn't like the lay-out of yours, thats all. It wasn't personal, honestly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:20 pm 

Thanks. :P
I mainly made it as a means to show off suggestions I'd like to see in a VISUAL form.

I'd like to see a folder view on the details screen.
I'd also like to be able to see where the file is stored and access the files and run them as needed.
The * symbols on the advanced screen and the smiley would be better off as icons.
On the details screen, the file size is shown in a seperate column in a listed byte size so that it's not a mess of numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:34 am 
Orgazmic.
I like yours, it reminds me of the Download Manager of Firefox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:27 am 
Yeah, Orgazmics would have my pick if you were looking for a really compact client, that looks pretty snazzy.

I agree, very Firefoxy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:43 pm 

isnr flashy or anything, but it would work for me, keeping it simple :)

----
Also.
When i registered i got this: so i cant activate my account :(

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /usr/home/shadow/vhosts/forums.degreez.net/htdocs/includes/emailer.php[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:57 pm 
I'm liking all of the new designs, and I wanted to throw my two cents in. I've noticed that many people are going for very small windows, which is fine, but I hope that the new client will still be able to display all fields if desired--like the standard BT Client do (i.e. ABC, Azureus, etc.). This way, those who want a small, compact client can have it and those who like seeing all of the available stats in a table format can have that as well. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next