the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Color schemes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:02 am 
Most programs today allow you to have a color changable skin, an example of this is Windows Media Player 9, Nero Burning rom, and winamp i believe... With this in mind i created these (due to pure bordem...)

Cool Blu:

Grizzly Green:

Hope you like em'!
I shall also attempt to make a winXP version due to request.

Reguards,
CreAtiv3

Post subject: WinXP Theme
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:43 am 
Heres the XP version

Reguards,
CreAtiv3

Post subject: The Future...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:32 pm 
I like your work CreAtiv3, I hope that The Shadow takes at least some of your artwork into consideration when he creates his new client.

Well done :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:13 pm 

your first (plain) and WinXP ones are terrific. i do hope Shadow takes those into consideration ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:37 pm 
Some bootiful skins here!

IMHO, the features I'd like most are multiple torrents and eMule style progress bars, where you can see what you've downloaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:11 am 
the XP version looks great, I hope The Shadow will use that version!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:51 am 

Anyone mind telling me the use of the eMule style prog-bars ?
besides being uber colorfull and somewhat ugly (to me at least), i dont see any need for those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:34 pm 
I really like CreAtiv3's design.

Very clear and easy to see the information I want to see. Very easy to switch between the status of each Torrent. I've never used eMule but is an "emule type" progress indicator the one showing where the parts you have downloaded fit? Well, I like it. Fun to see which parts you have. Nothing wrong with a little fun when it doesn't hurt usability at all. Though I think I'd rather have a larger % complete progress bar and smaller parts progress bar.

I'd also rather have the true share rating shown for each torrent than the silly smiley faces. Ease of use first, cuteness second! The more information I can see at once, without getting cluttery, the better.

Oh, yes. Also a way to see the full error message. With the current version when the error message doesn't fit I stretch the window to try to see the rest of it and it... dissapears! Heheh. Very annoying.
One thing I'd like to have is a way to just choose my own upload rate / max uploads without having to switch between "settings" to cross boundries.

I like presets, but why limit the user where he wants to go after that? Low limit of 3kb is, of course, fine but get rid of the other boundries.

BTW version 3.7 with 4-6 torents open seems to slow down my computer a lot for some reason...and hogs memory. Maybe it doesn't handle the 7 gig torrent's I'm using very well.. I dunno.

Post subject: Zero here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:26 am 

I like mine the best still. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:27 am 
I really like this design, too.

I like how it's compact but still clear. Doesn't take up the whole screen.

Except, it would NEED to show for each torrent:

% Complete, Upload Speed, Download Speed, and Ratio.

Also total megs downloaded and estimated time to complete would be nice.

The status can be shown by the color/icon with hover text for the exact message.

The status bar would need to show total upload/download and probably the last error message recieved from any torrent.

I'd also like the the display in the taskbar to show total upload/download speeds.

One problem with this design is ... where are the upload limits? I guess each torrent can have a right click menu to select and, in Preferences, the Global Limits.

I LOVE how G3 does a lot of things. Take a hard look at it, take out the bloat and clutter, simplify, and there we go. Perfect client.

Things I don't like about G3: No Fast Resume and it preallocates all the space. Some torrents reject it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:30 am 

I am happy with all these skins. As long as it A: doesnt take up a considerable portion of the screen (something about the same size of BT now or a little bigger). B: and is pleasing to the eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:40 pm 

my only beef with eMule style bars is that they might increase mem\cpu usage, and i certaintly dont want BT to become freeze prone like eMule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:16 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I really like this design, too.

What happened to zero's images since this is not the orginal.

Quote:
One problem with this design is ... where are the upload limits? I guess each torrent can have a right click menu to select and, in Preferences, the Global Limits.

I think the UL Settings button does something. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:45 pm 
Here is my attempt at a new GUI for this impressive client.
Hope to hear your feedback, positive and negative!

Still working on some aspects so not everything is here.

http://www.geocities.com/grstott/bt1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:50 pm 

Well i dont really love the firefox-dl-manager style but its a good attempt.

Id really love a simple design like the current one, just with multi torrent capabilities (along Creative's line of suggestion).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next