the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:04 pm 

i used delphi and took screenshot..
first one i did by taking screenshots of diffrent apps and then lots of copy & paste on paint shop pro.. (didnt send it here tho)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:17 pm 

it looks great sleipner :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:51 pm 
hm.... since all this is being done, does this mean that you have an option to change to a diffrent skin besides the default one that TheSHADOW will choose in the new version?

Post subject: suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:53 pm 
here goes:
1. customizable icons for toolbar and etc (in themes perhaps), and i nice set of good looking icons as a standard
2. of course compaitibly with xp visual styles (manifest file)
3. graphs of speed and transfer bandwith over time (is this difficult, im guessing not)
4. i think the details tab on the last mockup is a good idea, it can be expanded with lots of interesting techy details that most people cant understand but like to look at (like azareus)

thank you shadow for the client!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:58 pm 

I like tabbed look.

Last edited by prophet05 on Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: improved gui
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:47 pm 
i think no matter what the layout of gui will be, new client should have font antialiasing like here
http://www.msoftware.co.nz/images/screen1.jpg
http://www.msoftware.co.nz/images/screen3.jpg
these are windows screenshots!
Quote:
WinRK makes use of the Freetype library for fonts, and the AGG library for vector graphics (used to render the fonts and interface). For speed, a custom font bitmap cache layer was also written which accelerates normal horizontal font drawing.

it's so much more pleasing than default blocky fonts or ClearType in winxp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:18 am 

Personally, I'd rather SHAD0W spent his time making a better client than improving the fonts. It's not like you need to look at it a lot, is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:45 am 

heres my splash screen
http://www.geocities.com/shakoor_h/
i dont know how to link the picture here so just follow the link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:50 am 

Well, you go 'head and try to get wxPython to use those purty fonts. I'm not going to attempt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:45 pm 
Hmm in this case there aren`t many options left on the design... i actually was about to make XP Style client but as this isnt posible to implement i will stop ...sad..:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:15 am 

On the contrary, an XP-style display is possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:04 am 
Nicely done, sleipner!

On the "Seeding" tab, would it be possible to have a checkbox beside each torrent for "SuperSeed" mode? Or something similar?

ie. Torrent A: just finished leeching it, plain old ordinary seed
ie. Torrent B: it's my torrent and I'm seeding it so I wanna set it to "SuperSeed" and check the appropriate checkbox/dropdown/etc.

What do you all think? Good idea or no? Possible or no?

(I'm still not really sure what this "SuperSeed" thing is all about... *looks for appropriate FAQ somewhere*)

Post subject: Just passing through :)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:08 am 
  • Basic Layout
  • Note the top row of buttons should be small toolbar icons (not big, ugly text)
  • Keep it simple... No dedicated seed section, no tabs, no wasted space by big status area
  • Please ignore all the spelling mistakes too :)

• Popup Menu
  • Most functions performed here (should be mirrored in a 'Edit' main menu item)

• Details concept
  • By double clicking on a torrent (just like eMule :D) you get a nicely (not like in the screen shot :)) formatted list of details (not important enough to have there own column, but too important to leave out entirely, cept maybe for ETA)

• Connected peers details concept
  • Like extra details (probably have to decided on one or the other :(, else could be too confusing...)
  • Probably should have a slightly different BG color to separate from the main list
  • Ignore the fact that the memtest torrent doesn't actually have any seeds :)
  • Inspired from eMule again :)

• Progress Bar
  • Stolen straight from eMule (again :roll:)
  • A quick way to see your progress and the number of seeds, and piece distribution

(It probably would have been easier to photoshop the eMule window :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:44 pm 

I like most of it, i just don't like the big buttons on top. The add torrentz should probably under 'file', add Torrent via URL should probably be placed when you right click a file downloading, Pause/Resume all I'm ok with, Move item up/down um...it's already in the right click menu, and about should be under 'help.

But besides that I like it :D ; probably because I love eMule though :shock: . lol.

~Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:58 am 
The big buttons do suck, thats why I said they represent toolbar icons :)

The Move up / download buttons, are useful so you don't have to right click on an item 3 times to move it up/down three places.

You right about the about button though :)

Probably should add 'Add torrent' and 'Add torrent via URL' items on the popup menu when no item is selected, then there is nothing on the menu or toolbar that isn't on the popup menu (this means that you could have a 'expanded mode' where only the main list is displayed (no menu no toolbar))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next