the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: zero tabs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:39 pm 
Trimzulu wrote:
If zero's tabs were moved below the torrent listbox you could take off the torrent tab. Then it would be less awkward in regard to selecting something in one tab and viewing details in another. I have a picture of the changes but have no place to upload to so I cant really show you what I mean.

This is what I was talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:45 pm 

I like emule-style progress bar :) with this modification it is the best ;)

Post subject: Re: zero tabs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:02 am 
Trim2ulu wrote:
Trimzulu wrote:
If zero's tabs were moved below the torrent listbox you could take off the torrent tab. Then it would be less awkward in regard to selecting something in one tab and viewing details in another. I have a picture of the changes but have no place to upload to so I cant really show you what I mean.

This is what I was talking about.

Good idea, but the only problem is that the details tab contains more information than you show in your picture (particularly for multi file torrents), I think you still need the torrent tab and detail tab, but I like the idea of moving the tabs below as you have shown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:15 pm 

:shock: ooo... me like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:15 pm 
I like Zero's and sleipner's designs, I would have it different (small, small changes) and I like guest's (sorry I don't know your name) and Trim2ulu's (tab's underneath :!: ) mods to zero's. I don't know if its possible to have both a fragmented and total progress bar. I found an example Image see what you can do and keep up the great work, I wish I could do what your all doing :( .
The J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:23 am 
hmm the latest suggested skin looks like a version of G3 Torrent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:08 pm 
gulsvart wrote:
ChoeBoi wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Last try :shock:

I'm not a registered user, but I love this one. Also if you are going to use a parallelogram progress bar, keep it solid, the segmented one looks awkward in my opinion.

I agree. This is how the next Bittornado should look.

Redundant Share ratings plus the Share rating column in the list could be used for more usefull data.
Also all the ones shown here in this thread dont appear to have the download/upload rate max settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:04 am 

Actually they would have those options for limiting it just would be on a separate tab. I like the modification someone did to my idea above but I think it's un-nessesary and like someone else said there wouldn't be enough room to display stuff on the other tabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:49 pm 
Zero's and jerek's designs should both go into BitTornado when the new skin engine is ready .. both great IMO :)

Post subject: better?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:35 pm 
I made some more changes to Zero's skin. I think it works better this way because when you click the torrent on the top all the info is shown on the bottom. Speed settings could be integrated into the preferences tab to keep the main skin cleaner.

Post subject: better?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:37 pm 
...and forgot to include the picture...
Now that's better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:25 am 
Hey Shad0w, just wondering if you've been pondering a lot on whats been submitted so far?

Any idea what you are liking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:31 am 

Oh, I've been pondering a lot, and liking what I see. Unfortunately I'm still bogged down in engine improvements. Also, before I can really think about building new GUI interfaces I need to properly restructure the GUI code; it's currently a mess and needs to be made modular. But I haven't seen anything that's impossible to implement yet...

I'm going to be experimenting with progress bars that have three colored stripes, that will best show how much and what pieces of the file are complete; but getting it to display all that information without its being annoying or obscure is going to be a challenge. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:39 pm 
Damn, forgot to enter my name when I asked that last question.

Sounds good Shad0w. It's in pieces huh? haha, sounds like my mate with his UT tool MapMixer.

You're doing a really good job with this client. Good luck with it all.

You've got a lot of fans :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:41 pm 
Anyway of including a launch file button into the gui?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next