the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:54 pm 
It would be cool if there was a mix between zero's and jerek's skin. I like jereks's progress bars better and overall smaller size. However, I like how zero's skin only shows one progress bar at a time and that the torrent file names can be seen all at once.

I hope that the new client will allow you to save in subfolders if you want to (like currently). I hate how other clients ask you to save to one folder only or no default folder in which case the client defaults to My Documents (very annoying).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:58 pm 

Having a progress bar that big for each torrent at the same time seems a little redundant. With Jerek's you have to scroll down to see other torrents anyway so it seems pointless to display all those progress bars at once. I like what you're thinking but it doesn't seem practical to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:58 am 
You're right, the progress bars were a bit .. huge.
I couldn't really think of a design I like yet, which involves a single progress bar while still displaying all the information I want.
So, for now, I just made a more compact version of the first design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:45 am 

heyyy jerek, thanks bud! Now I don't need my sunglasses anymore! 8)

And I dunno what all the hype is about, but I still like the first of your two pics (the original one) better than the second (the compacted one). IMO, the first just seems to fit together a lot nicer.

Oh, and one other thought, to those who thought the bars are 'too big'. I can agree that if you're gonna sit there and watch all of your 10 torrents download, this might become a nuissance, but what I usually do is minimize the torrent program to the system tray and come back and check on it every few hours... so I really dont see one extra line of info getting in the way. As well, in the case of a really long torrent name, you have room to fit it in the original one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:22 pm 

Notes:
* The "About" info is accessed through the BitTornado pic
* Rearranged "Advanced" and "Preferences" tabs
* For the "RSS" tab, I didn't know what font to use so I just chose whatever ;)
* Changed progress bar and progress percentage
* Changed the buttons
* Not sure if "estimated arrival" should be changed to "estimated finish"
* Various other changes to make window more compact
* Apologize to zero and jerek for ruining their creations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:51 pm 
so far people's argument between zero's and jerek's skin is the progress bar. If people just want to be able to see multiple progress bars, why not replace the "progress" count in zero's with bars? In that case of course we have to make it small and compact, otherwise it would be going against of the main idea of being compact and having all information you'd ever care about all in one screen without annoying scrolling. just a thought, i hope zero and jerek don't mind.

Personally I like zero's better, and I couldn't care less about the progess bars -- the counts on zero's does the same job. I would never stare at the torrents when I'm downloading, but if I'd have to scroll up and down to check for all torrent stats every other hour or so it'd be painful with jerek's skin. What I really care about is just the progess anyway, dl and ul rates are interesting, but it's not like you could do anything to speed the torrent up by knowing them. So I agree with zero that I don't have to see anything else unless I click on the torrent.

One thing tho is if shadow is ever going to implement segmented progress bar (i don't know how easy / hard that would be), please don't use the parallelogram bar. it's just awkward. I think a just rectangular bar is fine (like the previous post edited by anonymous) It's simple, it works. That, i think, is the entire philosophy behind zero's skin.

Oh and, good job guys. Even tho my favourite is zero's, I think all of the rest are really good too. Shadow's going to have a hard time to pick. What about a poll? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:53 pm 

Notes:
* Changed colors
* Added grids
* Added status lights
* Various minor changes
* Apologize to jerek for ruining his creation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:48 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

Notes:
* Changed colors
* Added grids
* Added status lights
* Various minor changes
* Apologize to jerek for ruining his creation

That doesn't make any sense, what's the point of the scroll bar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:53 pm 

I had another thought that would be useful I think. What about a separate tab for "seeds" so when you finish downloading a file it says "completed/seeding" for say a few hours or something then automatically moves over to the "seeds" list under a different tab. For people like me who have lots of seeds running at once it would be annoying to have all the seeds and downloads lumped together.

Anyone else know what I mean? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:58 pm 
You are right. The scroll bar is supposed to stop at the last row where the torrent names are. You use that to scroll through your torrents while the bottom half of the window stays static. The gray highlight is when you chose the torrent to get more info. Hmm, I also noticed that there is no file destination in this one. Oh well, I tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:43 am 

Last try :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:19 pm 

guest, i think that one would be a little better if it was larger its just a little to small for me. I still like zero's most though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:06 pm 

everyone's skin is really good but i still like Zero's skin the most because i don't have to scroll around and everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:22 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

I'm not a registered user, but I love this one. Also if you are going to use a parallelogram progress bar, keep it solid, the segmented one looks awkward in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:27 am 
ChoeBoi wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I'm not a registered user, but I love this one. Also if you are going to use a parallelogram progress bar, keep it solid, the segmented one looks awkward in my opinion.

I agree. This is how the next Bittornado should look.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next