the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: share rating
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:09 am 

just a question about share ratings...

i curently have 1024/128k and set my torrents to "unlimited" bandwidth. For some reason my torrents don't get above 2-4k download until I have a share rating of at least 6? Whats up with that? even a torrent thats as small as 12mb, I have to wait until I upload nearly 6 times what I get before i see +4k down.

I have no other services running transferring files, etc. I can run IE at the same time and download 60-70k with no problem...but my torrent stays at 2-4k until its "shared enough". After that I can get speeds up to 128k sometimes. Normally I don't care, but when it takes me 13 days to get a 23mb file...when i know I can get and see others getting 50-60k easy...it sucks :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:02 am 
That sure sounds bad m8, i usually get all smallish torrents really quick, and thats with a router and firewall in place.All i can suggest is that you set your upload to dsl\cable slow , maybe doin a reinstall before, see wat happens.

Good Luck, DanBhoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:13 am 

He's right. Set your maximum upload bandwidth to 75-80% of your total available, and you should see things improve considerably. In your case, set it to "dsl/cable slow" in the preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:39 pm 

Yea, if you have DSL you have to lower your upload rate so you can download. Another thing, you have to wait a while, until the tracker and the other peers can connect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:16 pm 
If you wanna good download try capping 50-60 percent of your maximum uploads. 128k=13-16kb/sec so try 5-8k
There is no one perfect setting as 5k will alow you to download fastest if the bandwidht is their but 8k is better for everyone including yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:36 pm 

yeah I've tried to set it to dsl/cable slow...dialup...you name it...same results. removed my router still no go. i downloaded the new torrent client today and will set it up overnight to see how things go. hopefully something better :D

thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:10 am 

Check if the proper ports are open. ( 6881 - 6999 )

Post subject: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:50 pm 
I have a cable connection, when i test my connection speed it maxs at 1.8 m and a minimum is usually 560 ks. I use BitTorrent T-0.3.3, when i download i set it as dsl/cable fast, upload rate 50. On certain dowloads it stays around 10 ks to 10 sec birsts of 30 ks. On other downloads however ive gotten up to 360 ks. All the time my upload is at 20 ks on the dot. Ive tried changing my upload rate to 80% and 90% but my download rate always get slower. I have poked a hole though my firewall and i get a green light. I have windows xp, and uh.... i dont know what else to say about myself. PLEASE, PLEASE, and then some PLEASE help me!!! My email is corsair96969@yahoo.com. Please HELP

¢ỡŕ§åïř :shock:

Post subject: Re: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:15 pm 
A slow downloader wrote:
I have a cable connection, when i test my connection speed it maxs at 1.8 m and a minimum is usually 560 ks. I use BitTorrent T-0.3.3, when i download i set it as dsl/cable fast, upload rate 50. On certain dowloads it stays around 10 ks to 10 sec birsts of 30 ks. On other downloads however ive gotten up to 360 ks. All the time my upload is at 20 ks on the dot. Ive tried changing my upload rate to 80% and 90% but my download rate always get slower. I have poked a hole though my firewall and i get a green light. I have windows xp, and uh.... i dont know what else to say about myself. PLEASE, PLEASE, and then some PLEASE help me!!! My email is corsair96969@yahoo.com. Please HELP

¢ỡŕ§åïř :shock:

Upgrade your client to 0.3.7. And for cable, I use dsl/cable fast, 40 kb/s max upload and 6 allowed to upload at one time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]