the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:41 am 
often when I stopped downloading I see incidental hits 10 hours later on 6881, my question is, are those 'l337 h4x0rz' or just bad clients/trackers that didn't notice I was done and gone?
:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:01 pm 

Those hits could be from peers using the latest CVS version of Azureus that has a new feature that caches the peer list it gets from a tracker to disk incase the tracker is ever unreachable later so you can resume a torrent regardless of whether the tracker is up or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:03 am 

I've gotten reports of people seeing connection attempts *WEEKS* after their being on a torrent. The only thing I can conclude is that some of the trackers out there aren't expiring users as they should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:32 am 
the same thing happened to me as well.

Post subject: I see
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:30 pm 
Well if it is azureus they might code in a graceful depreciation if a client is showing a closed port for hours, this is a bit stupid I think hammering ports like this, it's one of the reasons I tried soulseek once and stopped using it btw, the constant probing, that and the obvious dream-come-tru factor for the RIAA and pals of course :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]