the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:50 am 
What's the difference between Tornado & Official Clients?

Is there a list somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:55 am 

Tornado just plain kicks in Offical one in the arse. Stick with tornado.

Too many advanges to count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:56 am 

Yes.

http://forums.degreez.net/viewforum.php?f=5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:37 am 
Go and get either Azureus or Bitcomet, they are writthen in Java and C++. Millions times better than Bittornado which is written by a uselss and junk language, pyhton.

You will know how much better clients there are out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:41 am 

wow...Nizzle, you're amazing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:20 am 
Good idea, ruin bittorrent even more with azureus which uses stupid tricks like buffering ip's so you get packeted after you disconnect, or automatic stopping of upload after 100%, great client that..... just what the RIAA ordered.
And ya sure, java is better than python, good one
as for c++. isn't windows written in that? ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:56 am 

There is only like one or two layers closer to the system in programming languages than C++, which is why you'll almost never find any program more efficient at a task than a C++ one (when properly coded in both languages).

Azureus does stop of upload after UPLOADING 100%, you're thinking of G3 that does stop of upload after DOWNLOADING 100%.

As for the peer caching, I don't agree with them using that, especially with the default numbers.

Java is more of a junk language than python. The Java runtimes are what? 14MB compressed JUST to install, then there's the program on top of that.
A python BT client takes up 3MB as its installer, and includes ALL the runtimes you need, extracting to a little over 18MB.

Do a little research before you trashtalk please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:09 pm 
JAVA'S POSSIBILITIES ARE UNMEASURABLE WHEN COMPARED TO PYTHON! PYTHON CAN SIMPLY BE USED FOR SIMPLE PROGRAMS LIKE BITTORRENT WHILE JAVA IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LANGUAGE FOR LARGE SCALE CORPORATE SERVERS.

SO WHAT IF JAVA IS 14MB AND PYTHON IS 3MB, YOU SOME SORT OF CAVEMAN USING A HARD DISK SO SMALL THAT 11MB'S GONNA MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU TRASHTALK PLEASE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:24 pm 

I can't believe all the bashing that goes on. So many think java is the way to go or people think it's all crap; DOES IT MATTER!?

There are so many BT clients because people have their own preferences, now stop bitching and go get the client you like. I like BitTornado; I don't care if you don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:02 pm 

Java has its uses so does python. There are no crap computer languages (that i know of).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:02 am 

i've used both bittornado and azureus for a long time and i find that bittornado downloads faster than azureus.. with azureus and my usual settings i would usually get around 54kb/s but with bittornado with my usual settings i would usually get about 75-80kb/s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:39 pm 
hmmz.
i have used abc azareus and bitornado
and i and a few others agree with me that bitornado is the fastest client around
tried to download a file with azareus and bitornado at the same time

azareus gave me a louzy 12 Kb
whil tornado gave me a amazing 78 kB on At the same time

i know it not a good or real test but that enough for me to stick with the fastest client around "Bitornado" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:43 pm 
Azureus is a pain in the fucking ass. dont listen to these fools. it looks pretty, but thats about it. the way it handles seeding and priorities is slow, and annoying, and frustrating. stop preaching your ignorance, noobs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:45 pm 
that is a fact not an opinion btw. Azureus is gay. gay people use gay things, and that explains the idiots that have nothing better to do than come here and plug the lamest client ive used in my 4 years of torrenting. Azureus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:47 pm 
nizzle, Bitcomet doesnt even follow bit torrent protocol...IDIOT!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next