the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:37 pm 
hiya
i am curious to know if its possible to have n bit tornado start downloading at a given time on its own? Can i program it like a vcr? My isp has an offer that will allow me to download as much as i want if i do it at a certain time 2 AM till 8 am, and it wont go to my montly limit. very handy if i can figure out how to take advantage of it
thanks

Post subject: Automating Bittorrent
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:18 pm 
Dear syd,
There are several applications out there that you can use to automate Bittorent, to carry out simple actions like Closing down Bittorent at a certain time to pressing buttons on your PC while your away from the Keyboard.

The first and most obvious solution to starting Bittorent up for you at a certain time, is the Windows Scheduler, you can drag a torrent into the Scheduler window where you can then set it to start downloading at a specific time. Of coarse you will need to preset the Autosave path before hand, otherwise Bittorrent may sit there waiting for you to choose where to save it! Also make sure you turn off all the other options, such as end task at certain time, and the battery power managment just have the start task set, but make such the actions to stop it are all OFF. You will have to figure out the best way for initiating a dialup connection though, one option that worked for me was to have dialup networking initiate my Broadband connection upon it being needed, through the settings in DUN however, if you want more control you might need to use another application such as a dial up manager!
Take a look at www.download.com or try this like which a searched out for you! Advanced Dialer 2.5

http://www.download.com/Advanced-Dialer ... ag=lst-0-1

There are many other usefull tools you can use to help you automate all aspects of windows applications!

However there are some issues to be aware of, dont use the MS Windows scheduler to terminate the TORRENT file start up, as you may cause data corruption, BECAUSE you are starting a torrent file that is associated with the Bittorrent application and not the application itself!

I have done this myself so have some experience with this. You will also need some other tools, like RTVRECO (A BUTTON PUSH UTILTY)www.rtvsoft.com and a program like CLOCKWISE that you can set up to disconnect your PC or shut it down at certain times of your choosing :) http://www.rjsoftware.com/

Hope this helps?

Michelle

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]