the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:59 pm 
:cry: Everytime i dl something the dl goes fast but it ups so slow, is there a way to fix this? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:48 pm 

First off, be more specific --
If you have a 256k upload speed, and you're wondering why you can't upload faster than ~30K/s.....then you need to realize that's all you got. Now, if you have 1Mbit upload, and ur only getting 30K/s, then you have a problem. Try increasing the # of uploads or choosing a faster connection type. Also, consider the number of peers and seeds. Also, if you are showing as "Not Connectable", then you will need to open ports to speed things up.

portforward.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:45 pm 

666rain999 wrote:
:cry: Everytime i dl something the dl goes fast but it ups so slow, is there a way to fix this? thanks

Good to see some people care about their upload speed besides download speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:56 pm 
first of all your download speed is much higher then your up and so to download as fast as possible requires all your upload bandwidth. Example: 1.5/256 so is like 1/6
3.0/512 is like 1/6 as well...
use common sense, don't be a dork and stop asking dumb questions.

THANKS
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:01 am 
Actually I think we all had times that we set max to something and then only 60% or less of it was used, for instance if there weren't any packets anybody didn't have already, or if all clients weren't sharing so my client didn't give them full speed (is my guess)

Then there's the issue of overhead, you need to send acknowledgments for each packet received you know, so if you have max upload of 256kbit and set it to 256kbit then you will find some of the 256kbit is already in use for handshaking and acknowledging packets, and the faster your download the more impressive it gets.
If i download a file at 5Mbit from a website or ftp then a good 300Kbit or more upload bandwidth can be in use just to keep the TCP stream going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:11 am 
Don't you find it strange that if you put your upload to full speed it will clog your connection, but if you put it at about 80% it seems to automatically decrease as your download speed goes up? ...and I don't mean when you set it to 'automatic' either (which doesn't seem to work on my rig, it always gives too little or too much... just can't seem to hit that sweet spot).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:12 am 

The faster you download the more protocol overhead you're uploading. BitTornado automatically adjusts the upload rate so the total upload speed remains fairly constant.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]