the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:51 am 
I've always wondered this. Recently I've forwarded my ports so I download much quicker, but I've always wondered why when I join a torrent with 60 seeds I always end up seeing about 15~25.

Is there a way to see everyone on the torrent and thus get maximum speed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:40 pm 
the trackers work hard as it is..

now understand that not neccessarily will a seed give you better speed than a peer. if the seeds are only u/l at 13k/s each but the peers have cable or T1, i would rather see more peers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:54 am 
It possibly has to do with how clients discover each other (graphs and nodes). Bram mentioned that segmentation (splitting of graphs) is a big problem in his talk at Stanford recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:01 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
It possibly has to do with how clients discover each other (graphs and nodes). Bram mentioned that segmentation (splitting of graphs) is a big problem in his talk at Stanford recently.

The tracker has all of this information, Azureus displays total peers and connected peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:20 pm 

Let's not forget that in larger swarms (anything over about 60 peers in size) it's not practical for your computer to connect to everyone (especially on 98/ME)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:31 pm 

That really depends on your connection and the speed of the peers. ie: slow torrents, the ones with only 1 seed and 20-500 peers, 60 might not be too much.

Anyway, I really think it is more important to know if the data is out there, rather then available.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]