the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:35 am 
Hi. Just got a message on my telephone from my ISP (Verizon). Sounded bizarre. Said that they wanted me to call them back by tonight, and it was not automated either. :shock:

If any of you have gotten a notice from your ISP regarding copyrighted material, did they call you, or send you a letter? I have heard that some people have gotten in trouble for dling tv shows...

please answer back...thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:59 pm 

Well call them up. They mostly send letters from my experience from people on the boards (never got one). And hear what they have to say its up to you to either follow their rules or switch ISPs. But dont wait mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:25 pm 
I use Verizon too, never got anything from them regarding downloading licensed material, especially when I use it over night at times to finish my downloads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:54 am 

Make sure that's really Verizon and not a social hacker. Typically an ISP will simply shut you down and wait for YOU to call THEM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:02 am 
Would like to hear back from you on that one though... I wonder if they're calling to let you know you're under investigation, in a way giving you a head start to delete everything real quick.

An ISP I used to use (it was a company called Videon that's no longer around) sent me an email once that let us know that they may soon be legally forced to hand over some of their customers' client information... it got my head out of the clouds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]