the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just a little help
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:29 pm 
I am new to torrents and computers alltogether.I just got my first comp a year ago so i need i little help.My questions are i have a 3 meg download speed and around 250 kb upload speed.With the connection how many downloads can i have going at once??

And with that connection should i leave it on automatic or turn to cable fast or cable slow??
And whil im at it is it normal to have like 10-30 download rate for a torrent?? on some phots i seen like 140 download rate or moore is something wrong with my comp??

P.S im new to this so cutdowns will not hurt my feelings i only wish to b educated in torrents :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:07 pm 
we just cant guess how many downloads u can hav goin at anyone time, its depends ona number of factors.

u sound like a leecher if u r asking something like this.

A leecher is someone who downloads and doesnt upload at all.

I hav a 1meg line i can hav up to as many as i want goin, i just dont get good speeds if i hav 2 many

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:57 pm 
No sorry i dont leech i dont play with the settings. I leave it on automatic untill someone tells me there is another setting that is better for the connection that i described. The downloading im not shure how many i can have going with this connection. Once i tryed to run two at once and went to bed and when i got up one was like 50 % done and the other was 5%. But the one with 50% had moore peers and seeds i am not sure if it was connection or tracker.
Speeking of leechers why do people leech this might sound like a stupid question but does turning down the upload rate increase the download rate or are they seperate??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:23 am 
people leech cus they cant be arsed to share. they dont wnat to waste der time uploading somehting.

Changing your upoad rate will affect ur download rate but it deppends on wat type of connection u r on.

The rason why one file had download more than the other was most likely that since it had more seeds.peers, the files was more widely avaible for you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]