the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wierd Problem!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:21 am 
Alright, I'm downloading an entire season of a tv show, up to now i've used bit torrent as my client. I need 2 episodes that i cant download separately, due to dead torrents. I chose to switch to bit tornado so i can download the episodes out of a 'complete season' torrent.

Now, less than a half hour later, it says i'm less than 1% done with my download, but i have 5 episodes in my destination folder, each 350MB file size>>HOW? I've had a download speed of 1-5KB/s, and B.T. says i'm less than 1% done with downloading this 'archive'

Moreso, none of the episodes i've downloaded work, in WMP, It says i'm missing a codec, and in DivX, it says it's not a valid mpeg-4 or avi file type...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:57 am 
have you told bittornado to only download the two files you want?

click 'details' -> right-click the files you don't want to download and from the context menu tell bittornado to never download.

the files are full size because bittornado has allocated what space it needs. the actual information in the files will be filled in as you download. Again click 'details' to see what percentage of each file you have actually downloaded.

if you really want you can change your disc allocation setting in 'pref' -> 'advanced' but it shouldn't really make a difference as your eventually going to reach that size when you finish your torrent

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]