the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: next update?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:04 pm 
last update was on apr...when is the next update expected? What changes you making?

I hardly see anybody talking about the up coming updates...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:02 am 
This piece of crapware is long dead, you would be using Azureus now if your IQ exceeds 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:08 pm 
I decided just to switch to ABC, which is based on bittornados code, but it's actually a multitorrent GUI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:30 pm 
I also still use Bittornado as I like it, and have had less problems with it than others.

Besides even though I would like an interface overhaul, I find other clients to be confusing (where does it show the wether firewall is affecting download? (yellow circle here).)

Post subject: wtf
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:13 pm 
Italicus wtf are you talking about crapware? Azureus is shit ass slow java. yes true it has not been updated in a long time but think about it he has to rewrite the code form scratch. can you do that? did not think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:27 pm 
Unfortunately Azureus has had a serious memory leak problem since version 2.2 and it is still ongoing in 2.3.0.4

The longer I leave it running, the slower my system gets. If they ever fix the memory leak I'd be tempted to switch to Azureus, but meanwhile I'm using and praying for a new update that deals with ISP seed blocking and doen't crash on exit.

My personal theory on why the next update is taking so long is because shadow has given up on python and has been busy creating version .4 with the new interface. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:47 pm 
[quote
My personal theory on why the next update is taking so long is because shadow has given up on python and has been busy creating version .4 with the new interface. :D[/quote]

if thats the case, I wish he at least update us on the progress he is making. I haven't seen any words from the author himself for a long time, I really hope he updates this community on the progress he is making or any other detail information about the project. I usually check the forums once a day, but forums usually are dead, which is kind of sucks. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:39 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
My personal theory on why the next update is taking so long is because shadow has given up on python and has been busy creating version .4 with the new interface. :D

if thats the case, I wish he at least update us on the progress he is making. I haven't seen any words from the author himself for a long time, I really hope he updates this community on the progress he is making or any other detail information about the project. I usually check the forums once a day, but forums usually are dead, which is kind of sucks. :(

If you take a look at his latest forum posts you'll see that he is on the forum, answering questions. That means he hasn't abandoned the site. I believe that if he is still active here, then he is still busy working on BitTornado.

He has almost never (only with one or two exceptions) told us about his current progress. In fact few developers outline the current state of their projects since they can't predict unknown difficulties. It is a fact that when someone tells how far along they are or otherwise indicate when they anticipate completion, their audience usually turns feral should they become late.

It's enough for me to know that he was last on this forum earlier today. And answered people yesterday and again several days before that. Check this link if you want to see how active he is here. That's all the evidence I need that BitTornado will eventually be updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:27 pm 
(Replying to the previous post)

Well, he should make an exception now and tell us the status of the program. I've stuck with BitTornado for a long time now. There a bugs and whatnot, but I've stayed with it. But now it's just ridiculous.

He should give a timeframe for the next release. Hell, if he says it's next year when he has more time to work on it, that's fine. I would just like to know. I ain't asking for exact dates. Just an update on progress and general plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:21 am 
I am happy to continue using BTornado for the time being, the crash on exit is a little irritating as is the "random" inability to minimise to the system tray for no reason... But I don't use BTornado because I enjoy looking at the interface or because I like the name, I use it to download stuff and that is what it does VERY well. As long as it continues it role as a high speed downloader that keeps me well informed about the download's progress I am happy.

Also I have looked at a few of these multi-torrent clients and they seem like a big mess to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:46 pm 
Plus, some of the other clients pre-allocate space which is a HUGE pain for me. And they don't even directly state it on their main page.

I'm sticking with bittornado. Besides the error on exit (no big deal) and it taking up a lot of processing power doing 4+ clients open (which is understandable considering how much is going on within each client) it has been awesome for me.

Post subject: Kwitcherbitchin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:40 pm 
Well, guys and girsl. I use 0.3.4 which is rock steady for me. Never crashes, no minimize to tray problems, ever. I sometimes run up to 12 torrents at once with no hiccups at all. I get up to 425KB/S (roughly 26 megs/minute) on a 4 meg line. The only thing I have done is make sure I limit the number of peers to 60, cuz 100 peers at once was sometimes freezing my connection. All this on a 1.5 MHz P4 machine. My suggestion to all the bitchers out there. Chill out. Its free software......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:45 pm 
we aren't complaining about the software, but the lack of updates from the author. Even if doesn't give us a date when it might be released but at least what he has so far done, and working on. (fixed, made changes to or changed..ect) I'm happy to see he at least replies to people having problems with the client or other such problems. For some reason, whenever we talk about updates, this subject is taboo on this forum, why is that? isn't this a community? The point of the forum is to discuss these problems and other such things. I'd love this client, its simple and practical usage makes very user friendly! After reading your replies guys, I'm happy to see others still use this client. I'm not too happy with Azureus (java client) still has problems that sucks your memory! Others like ABC or bitcomet are good, but they just don't appeal to me. It's all about simple and practical for me.

the homepage says, "still no new GUI, been working on the engine"... That is all I seen for many many months now.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:34 am 
How many freaking times must I say before you lamers get it into your head?

Bittornado is dead!

Quit asking stupid questions like when the next update is comming, there won't be any new versions. Go get Azureus if you want to get the latest in Bittorrent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:17 am 

Italicus wrote:
How many freaking times must I say before you lamers get it into your head?

Bittornado is dead!

Quit asking stupid questions like when the next update is comming, there won't be any new versions. Go get Azureus if you want to get the latest in Bittorrent

I'm not seeing any proof that Bittornado is dead. And you have no authority to say that there won't be any more versions of BitTornado. Only TheSHAD0W has that authority and he hasn't said that he's abandoning the project, so SHUT IT!
Azureus isn't the best place to go for updates either. Java requirement causes massive resource use.

Flaming won't get you any respect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next