the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:30 pm 

I burn easily :)

But I love to Lay out though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:38 am 
I've abandoned tornado a few months ago in favour of another client. The killer for me was the lack of updates.

Never mind that though. I just want to thank you for the many years of fun I had with this client. :)

I know you haven't said that you abandoned the project and I will check back at regular intervals to see if things will be happening again.

Take care. :)

Post subject: Meh....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:49 pm 
I'm still using an old version of Bittornado....works for me.

If it does get updated - great - but I really don't care if the GUI ever comes. I've tried other BT clients and they ALL suck because they are too cluttered...or written in Java...I don't need a bunch of useless features or chat or blah blah blah...Just let me download the F'n file I want.

Remember the "K.I.S.S." Keep it simple, stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:30 am 
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Simple really, BitTornado works and I will continue using it as it suits my needs. No updates is not always a bad thing, sometimes the software doesn't NEED an update to function. While a new GUI would be nice, it's not what makes the software work. Hell it could be all command line based and i'd still know how to use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:24 pm 
Praise the lord!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:46 pm 
DeathReborn wrote:

Simple really, BitTornado works and I will continue using it as it suits my needs. No updates is not always a bad thing, sometimes the software doesn't NEED an update to function. While a new GUI would be nice, it's not what makes the software work. Hell it could be all command line based and i'd still know how to use it.

If everyone is stucked with this retarded mentality like yours, we wil still be using DOS now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:55 pm 
Italicus wrote:
DeathReborn wrote:

If everyone is stucked with this retarded mentality like yours, we wil still be using DOS now.

Incorrect. First off, his mentality is not retarded. As a matter of fact, it's dead on. GUI's rarely provide ANY additional features over command base, outside of programs that run on GUI's.

Second, there still are some people that use DOS and live with it quite fine. Your idea that we would still be using DOS is incorrect. Though some people prefer it, that doesn't mean newer GUI's won't be developed. It's a matter of choices; the more choices a company offers, the happier, and more productive, their users are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:57 pm 
Tons and tons of people use dos. Think of most school systems. Their library computers maybe windows 98+ but their core computers with all the valuable info still run of those really old 5 color dos programs.

Even some banks still use those programs that run off dos.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3