the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:51 pm 
Can I d/l through a tracker and up to my friend at the same time.

Long explanation:
I am download something from one of many bittorrent websites out there. It's one of those sites that require an login and register your share ratio etc... Me and my friend use the same account, have been doing for a long time... The only problem is that you can't download the same file from two different ips, so we can never get the same thing at the same time... So my question is if this is possible :
1. I download throught the website tracker as we normally do.
2. At the same time, as the bits roll in to my computer, I would upload to my friend. So what I need ( well, only ide I have), probably, is a bittorent client that acts as a server at the same time, or a server that can share what I have d/l with my client at the same time the client keeps d/l...
Anyone have any ideas on how to go about this?

Thx in advance !

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:09 pm 
im not 100% on this but i think if you use azeurus you can make your computer into a tracker, so all your friend needs to do is connect to you

sorry if im wrong

liam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:17 pm 
sure you can do it that way but it will be limited by your upload you will not be able to see the other peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:23 pm 

You can set up another tracker and use "manual announce" to connect to that one instead.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]