the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bittornado Vs ABC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:11 pm 
Until now ive been using ABC but what i didnt realize right way is that ABC takes all cpu resources i have an AMD 2400+ not the fastest but no slug either. I usaly wasnt trying other things while abc was running but due to being sick i was home from work for a week.. I then realized that the dam abc was using 99% cpu. Figured mabe this is just the way clients are...Then i downloaded Bittornado and wow it only uses 3-12% seems to flux a bit talk about impressed i now use Bittornado it well be my full time client for now on what a difference. Has anyone had simular things happen to them and what is your favorite client

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:14 am 
ABC has a rather nasty 100% CPU bug where that surfaces under the following two conditions:

1. You have a large torrent (~4GB+)
2. ABC is minimized to the tray.

When I turned the Minimize to Tray option off, I never had any problems with it. I switched back to Azureus shortly after, however, even with the higher resource usage, because of all the great functions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]