the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Selective Uploading
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:09 pm 
I'm curious... Is there a way to select which peer you wish to upload to using BitTornado, or any other BT client for that matter? I dont have a very fast upload rate (about 45Kb/s) and I'd like to reward the peer/s that shared the most with me by selecting to upload ONLY them when I start to seed. Rather then giving them a measly 9Kb/s, and often nothing as the client will jump around to random peers, i'd like to split my upload between 1 or 2 peers at a time.

If this option doesn't exist, perhaps take the idea as a suggestion for the upcoming build?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:33 pm 
THe bittorrent system is build to reward uploaders and give non-sharers little bandwidth, there's no need for userinteraction like that, yeah sure 1 or 2 people might upload fast to you but what about the people that uploaded fast to the ones that upload fast to you so that they are able to upload to you in the first place? don't they deserve bennefits?
Leave it to the software I'd say.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]