the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:23 pm 
I've been using BitTornado since December of 2003 when it was called "TheSHAD0W's EXPERIMENTAL BITTORRENT CLIENT", and I've always been happy with it. I recommend it to others, and I've included it my video ripping guide as the best client to use for sharing. But lately I've been thinking about switching to µTorrent and advising others to do the same because µTorrent is finally stable and there just haven't been any substantial upgrades to BitTornado's capabilities in a long time.

Over the months there have been changes to BitTornado to try and make it more stable, but what about multiple simultaneous downloads? This is a major feature that BitTornado lacks, but which Azureus and ABC have had forever. I really like the fact that BitTornado is open source, (and not Java-based) and I hate to recommend a closed source application like µTorrent to people, but it looks like BitTornado is going nowhere.

So should I switch or should I wait? Can you please let us know whether there are going to be major upgrades to BitTornado to bring it up to the level of competing applications, SHAD0W?

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and thanks for making BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:25 pm 
Don't recommend a piece of garbage like uTorrent. ABC is based off of BitTornado, it works better than uTorrent and BitComet & it's various incarnations: BitLord, BitSpirite...

Azureus is bloated and a memory hog. I've had it use up to 161 megs of memory before. But it gets good upload speed for me so I still use it from time to time since I have a gig of physical memory.

Now personally I'm with you on this, I'd like to see BitTornado support:
  • Mainline DHT
  • Azureus DHT (label it AzDHT)
  • Use an encryption to prevent throttleing
  • Support NAT Traversal
  • UPnP forwarding

Adding these features will make it the best Bittorrent client out there. Now I don't care too much about Multi-simultaneous downloads because ABC will add the features to their client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:07 pm 
Code:
UPnP forwarding

If I'm not mistaken BitTornado supports UPnP forwarding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:04 pm 
bitttttttttttttornado is garbage, useless shit cuz it would stay in memory even after i closed it then crash like a motherfucker.
bittornado 3.14 have crashed, please click to close it. OK!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:17 pm 
zzz wrote:
bitttttttttttttornado is garbage, useless shit cuz it would stay in memory even after i closed it then crash like a motherfucker.
bittornado 3.14 have crashed, please click to close it. OK!!!

This is less a problem with BitTornado than it is of Python, and it seems ultimately a problem with Windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:31 pm 
Im using BT 0.13 and its never crash. Sometimes BT stays in the memory for some seconds up to an minute.

My opinion: BT 0.3.13 should be the next stable version. But might use a bit more resources than 0.3.7

Torren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:36 pm 
And back to the topic. BitTornado have the features that i need. BT have UPnP forwarding. I give a damn about DHT etc. For me BT are the fastest client i have used and i have used BC and AZ alot before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:28 pm 

yea i am starting to worry about if bittornado is ever going to go anywhere, it hasnt been updated at all since october...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:49 am 
We'll see, I just wish they'd give us an update and let us know what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:18 pm 

yea the guy hasnt even posted since the last update..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:22 am 
This software is dead......cmon gys. I sued to use this, but compared to other things out there today - this software really just doesn't cut it any more. the sooner you move and stop using it the better - and hell you never know. When they relaise no fucker is using there software, they make make efforts to bring it up to date!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:20 pm 
Not counting BitTornado I have 5 BitTorrent clients installed on my computer. All of them are up to date. :)

Mainline
    ABC
    Azureus
    BitComet <-- I stopped using this one.
    µTorrent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:11 am 
If BitTornado was more update, I will certainly promote it cos it runs on both windows and linux. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:47 am 
why should Bittornado be updated alot, to me it works better than any other clients, including Utorrent and Azureus.

Sometimes Azureus uses lots of memory and downloads only with 30kb/s... while Bittornado hangs below 30 and gets 300kb/s

Utorrent is the weaker one of the 3, barely get 10kb/s with every setting I normally have for other BT-programs.

BT 3.14 is a BETA you morons, In 3.7 I don't have the hanging in the memory thing, besides it works great :)

I wouldn't want too much new features because this isn't Azureus, if you want thousands of features go to Azureus, this program has USEFUL features which are good for a BT-client, unlike Azureus... crap like "Scanning what country somebody is from" come on wtf needs that lol.

Why does BT needs memory-bloating upgrades if it works fine already?

Dark_Shroud: DHT is lame, 2ndly clients with DHT are being banned on lots of trackers including the bigger one's, because programs like Bitcomet are trying to ruin it for other downloaders.

Encryption,... would slow down transfering in my eyes, I don't think it's neat if it slows you down alot... would take a decent amount of memory too.

UPNP forwarding is already in Bittornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:29 pm 
Mumoto2 wrote:
Dark_Shroud: DHT is lame, 2ndly clients with DHT are being banned on lots of trackers including the bigger one's, because programs like Bitcomet are trying to ruin it for other downloaders.

Encryption,... would slow down transfering in my eyes, I don't think it's neat if it slows you down alot... would take a decent amount of memory too.

UPNP forwarding is already in Bittornado.

Ok, now it's time to corrent you.
  1. I realized my error on UPnP forwarding already. But I can't get into my real acount to post and there is no edit option for guest posts.
  2. Encryption will not slow down speeds when it's properly implimented. Azureus is working on their on version and µTorrent is working on a version that will be open source for everyone. BitComet 0.60+ already use a header encryption to connect to other BitComet 0.60+ clients with the encryption option allowed.
  3. DHT is not lame. Only BitComet was banned because ver 0.60 would use DHT when it was not supposed to. It would ignore the private flags from the tracker & .torrent file that tell it not to use DHT or PEX (Peer Exchange).
  4. µTorrent is not week, try their newest version official 1.4, (they already have betas newer than that). They boast faster speeds than BitComet and that's without cheating like BitComet does. I get better speeds from µTorrent that BitComet. µTorrent has become a very strong client.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next