the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trackers
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:03 am 
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find different trackers for the same torrent to announce to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:05 pm 

You don't really want to do this. It's much more efficient for all the torrents to announce to the same tracker. My multi-tracker extension is useful for specifying one or more backup trackers in case the main one goes down, or it can use a group of trackers if they're able to talk with each other, but in most cases you should use a single tracker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:59 pm 
That makes sense. I do have some trackers that I was using and got about halfway through the download and now the tracker is down. How do I go about finding a new tracker for the torrents?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:07 pm 

Try getting a new copy of the .torrent; they may have changed the tracker URL. Try one of the torrent search engines out there (I won't tell you where, but you can probably use Google to find 'em).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]