the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:25 am 
http://www.utorrent.com/

It's only for Windows, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:49 am 
It has many bugs. Read the forums there. But it is expected coz its a very new client

However good it looks still, the biggest problem is the non existent disk cache which has led to some people's hardisk dying overnight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:55 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
the biggest problem is the non existent disk cache which has led to some people's hardisk dying overnight.

That's bullshit, Windows already has its own cache, so it's where what µTorrent is using it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:33 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
the biggest problem is the non existent disk cache which has led to some people's hardisk dying overnight.

That's bullshit, Windows already has its own cache, so it's where what µTorrent is using it.

Dude b4 accepting watever the utorrent admins say, think for urself sometimes too.

Windows wasnt designed to take the traffic that bittorent brings in. The hardrives have caching system but that are not capable of so many pieces coming and sorting out.

Now if u are gonna believe everythin that is told to u by the admins there, then u can believe that im Bill Gates and yes i designed windows to cache to the torrent traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:55 am 
haven't used utorrent yet but what about the beginning of bittorrent when none of the clients had disk cache, do you think everyone that used it lost their hard drives? i certainly didn't. disk cache is very good to the hd but is not mandatory and you can use bt for a long time before your hd dies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:24 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
haven't used utorrent yet but what about the beginning of bittorrent when none of the clients had disk cache, do you think everyone that used it lost their hard drives? i certainly didn't. disk cache is very good to the hd but is not mandatory and you can use bt for a long time before your hd dies

Its about protecting ur hardisk. Some people's hardisk can die tomorrow, a month later or never. The point is if someone crosses the road and thinks he can keep crossing without being careful, then he will be knocked down.

And the client is too new and with too many bugs. I prefer to have a bit buggier client that is more pleasant to my hardisks which get loads of traffic going in and out.

And u cant compare last time and now. Internet speeds have increased dramatically and torrent is bigger than ever. The amount of traffic is massive compared to previously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:26 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Why do u even want ur hardisk to die in the first place? Even in the long run.

Its like not wearing a condom. U can fuck and have sex and maybe not get the girl pregnant without the condom. But when u do get her pregnant, u are gonna pay for it :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]