the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: BUP and IFO
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:11 pm 
I downloaded a movie and I am having trouble. Everything comes in fine as far as subtitles and such but I am new to this and it is the first multiple file .rar download I have done and I have no clue the most efficient steps to take to get the file and play it as a whole and not in parts. I have read the faqs until I am blue in the face so I thought I would ask for a little help. This is what I have done. First I downloaded the torrent file, obviously. Second I clicked it to download, and I use Azureus as my client. It came in as 98 items, is that what it should come as? There were 2 folders - one called 'cover' which is fine, and one called 'Sympathy.For.Mr.Vengeance.DVDR-ICHI'. THere was also a MSInfo document and a .SFV file titled the same. What are these for or do I evern need to worry about them if I am jsut watching film on my CPU? The rest of the 98 files were .r00 through .r92. This is where I got lost. I then used Winrar to try and extract the files. It said that if I just chose the correct folder that Winrar would find all of the associated files to extract. it only extracted about 30 of them. Is that normal? Is it a matter of manually extracting all of the other files that didn't open? Somewhere along the way I wound up with one Winrar file that is 4.35 GB in size which I recognized as the archive of the entire movie file. I then extracted it and got two folders, one called AUDIO_TS, which has nothing in it and VIDEO_TS, which has 9 items in it -- 2 BUP files and 2 IFO files as well as 5 playable files named VTS_01_1 through VTS_01_5. Here's the problem. These files only total about 1 hour and 15 minutes of film. Is there something I didn't do? Also, what are BPU and IFO files and how do I go about opening them? If someone can help out, I will greatly appreciate it and be grateful. Thanks. Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:50 pm 
Just because there are 90 RAR files doesn't mean there are 90 files to be extracted, just that the archive has been split into 90 parts for easier distribution over networks not designed for large files (ie usenet). 30 sounds about right. bup and ifo files are dvd files, just open up the folder they;re in in your dvd player to play the dvd or alternatively burn the video folder onto a blank dvd to watch in your standalone player.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]