the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:06 am 
Hi,

Firstly I would like to say thankyou, after reading through these forums & following the instructions on how to setup port forwarding/ firewall rules for my router etc I am having green lights & some pretty fast download speeds (at times).

The number of peers & seeds has increased tenfold but sometimes I do only get say 5 or 6k download with 30 to 40 peers nd 50 or so seeders. Does downloading at different times of the day make a difference?

Anyway what I wanted to ask was how long should I seed a file for once I have downloaded it?

Also one of my downloads at the moment has suddenly poped up in capital red "SUPER SEED" nd I dont know how to get rid of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:22 pm 
Super seed can only be turned off by exiting the torrent and restarting it again.

In terms of how long to seed for, try to seed to a minimum of a ratio of 1, this means that you've given back as much as you've taken. Ideally of course, you should seed a little longer (I try to seed to 1.5 or 2 if I can).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]