the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:35 pm 
I am missing one feature when downloading large multi file torrents. If the torrent is a complete season of some series, then I can watch first episodes while downloadint the rest, but... BT downloads every file almost eaqually, so when torrent is 75% complete, it is very likely that every file will be 60%-80% complete

Can it be done so, that BitTornado tries to complete first file in the list before downloading the rest. I think this should be done in these steps:

1.Connect to peer, see what pieces does it have.
2.Check if any of those pieces is from the first not completed file in the list.
3.If there is some, download those pieces and try to complete the file, if there is not, download any piece (of any file)

If this is possible to implemet, then those, who download large multi file torrents should be happy:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:48 pm 
isnt there a feature like that under details and do right click on the file u want to download first? but i heard its not working

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:32 am 
Anonymous wrote:
isnt there a feature like that under details and do right click on the file u want to download first? but i heard its not working

Yes, it is, but it can only be selected for one file at a time (or else it will not work). That means reselecting after each file downloaded...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:45 pm 
yep, you can change the file priorities by right clicking on them. what i do is set the first unwatched file to high, the next two to normal and the rest to low, then adjust the priorities asd i watch them.

having bittornado download pieces as close to in-order is great in theory but if everybody did that then the end pieces would become really scarce and would affect download rates and possibly even result in the torrent becoming unseeded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]