the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:55 am 
I have recently restarted downloading and have noticed that I have about a 85% to 15% down to up speed, and I am wondering if there is a way that I can make that a more 50/50 split... I dont wanna be listed as a leecher... Is there settings I messed with that are causing problems???

The torrent I am downloading is from http://www.anime-kraze.org/ the specific torrent would be [Ani-Kraze]_Otogizoushi_01_-_13.torrent

I personaly have no problem with speed, but I am at a loss as to why I am getting a good down and poor up...

Oh and I am also having problems with registration... It never sent a E-mail to my G-mail account... I am trying to register as Craig(Guest)...

Please help.... If you wanna get ahold of me Contact me at Big_ostrich at Hotmail dot com

Thanks... bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:40 am 

If your line is capable of more upload than you're actually using, you can increase the number of upload slots in use to fill it.

Most torrent sites put the general term "leecher" on anyone who hasn't completed the download, but some are more specifc to include people with poor ratios.

Just leave the window alone when you're done and let it upload, you should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:28 am 
Ok I did that...

Hope that is works...

any way thanks...

Have a good day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:55 pm 
of course, if you have a fast connection, the chances are the connection itself supports higher download rates than upload. the answer is to leave the torrent running after you finish it (until the share ratio > 1)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:58 am 
Anonymous wrote:
of course, if you have a fast connection, the chances are the connection itself supports higher download rates than upload. the answer is to leave the torrent running after you finish it (until the share ratio > 1)

For example my very good connection with 120KB/s down and 16KB/s up... It means that I have to limit the upload to 14KB/s if I want to use the connection for browsing, etc. How long it would take to upload, say, 4GB? About 4 days. During those 4 days I would not be able to download another torrent because speed will split to 8KB/s and 8KB/s saturating my connection and giving me slow download speed. I can limit uploads to 7KB/s and 7KB/s but I would get slow download bacause of slow upload:(

So I do this: download only one torrent at a time (sometimes I make an exception and download 2-3 small (<300MB) torrents at once), and leave it open when complete until I start another download... If I had faster upload I would definetly try to reach ratio >=1. Now I can allow this luxury for myself only on small torrents (<250MB)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:36 pm 
Depending on the torrent it's also possible the other peers have already maxed out their download rate from other peers/seeds and can't download enough from you to max your upload even though you've got plenty of upstream left to give.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]