the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New User Question...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:05 am 
I've just registered but haven't gotten my e-mail notice yet. I'll see if I can ask a question anyway.

I'm in the midst of doing my 1st d/l right now. I've noticed that the d/l is running at my dsl max of ~32.+KB/s. My u/l speed is MUCH slower. My 'share rating' is red and not very high. In fact it is now dropping from an all time hight of ~0.380 and is down to ~0.206. I suppose this shouldn't bother me. But, I don't want to end up being penalized for not carrying my share of the load. This is probably due to there being many sources with few wanting a piece of mine.

I've started it up as it came out of the box with no changes. Rate settings are at 'auto'. Is this a potential problem?
FF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:50 am 
no, not really a problem, just be sure to leave the window open after you finish to seed to other people to bring your share ratio up to 1.0.

PS. Try to change from auto settings to something manual, setting your upload at about 80% of your maximum - auto will work but it's not perfect, you might find that it is setting your upload maximum too low for you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]