the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sudden Slowdown
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:53 pm 
Hey, a few days ago, My BT just suddenly slowed down. I used to get speeds near 40-50 on average and upload about 15. Now, I can't upload or download anywhere near that. No matter what torrent I have on, no matter how long it's open, I'm lucky if it even approaches double digits. All the torrents I start stay between 0-6k (uploads stays around 2-3k). I've changed port ranges several times, allowed them through my firewall, and no change. My current port range is 24448-24455 but before, it was 44448-44455 and after it started to get slow, I changed it to 54448-54455. I've done several virus scans and internet speed tests and they all come up good. Clean system and my speed tests actually came up higher than usual. Any Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:40 am 

:cry: I've noticed the same thing.It seems worse on public trackers to private ones.Maybe the ISPs are blocking somehow. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:03 pm 
I dunno, I just know that it seems pretty universal for me whether it's private or not

Post subject: Tranpartent proxy?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:43 pm 
Maybe your ISP starts tunnelling all the traffic (or the HTTP connections) through a proxy, and for that the trackers and other peers don't see your real IP (but the IP of the proxy).

Try running BitTornado with the "--ip 0.0.0.0" switch (of course, use your real IP instead of "0.0.0.0") and see if that helps.

Ziyad.
(I have problems loggin in as "zamb", it says I have to contact the administrator!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:02 am 
I'm not quite sure how. Could you please explain, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:08 am 
nevermind that last one. I went to Folder options in control panel, went to file types and scrolled to where it said "Torrent" it didn't show the advanced button untill I clicked restore, then changed the application pathway back to bittornado and added the "--IP 0.0.0.0." (with my own IP) command between the application pathway and the --responsefile "%1" so if I did it wrong, please let me now. I'll see if it helps any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:56 pm 
Unfortunately, there wasn't a noticable improvment.

Post subject: Sorry to hear that...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:37 am 
Sorry yo hear that, but that's all I can think of. (My suggestion is stupid in the first place because if the other peers and the tracker did not *see* your real IP, you would not have the "Green" light in BitTornado.)

Sorry.
Ziyad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:26 pm 
I appreciate the advice anyways. I'm sure I'll find the problem eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:21 pm 
I hav the same prob. Any1 have a clue on how 2 fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 am 

:( All I can add is this.Trying to d/l on a public tracker at 10-12 kB/s with 60 connected.D/l'ing on a private tracker at 150 kB/s with 15 connected. Bit of a difference isn't it? Green light on both. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:08 pm 
god I miss double digits. Anyways, I'm gonna try reinstalling XP and see if that helps. If it doesn't help anything, at least I can rule out myself, right?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]