the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:02 am 
currently im using bitComet as when i first got it for some reason i used to get mega download speeds on average. but recently.. as i change firewall or settings to suite other programs needs etc it begins to slow down..

before i used azureus because often when downloading series's etc you could prioritize the first few episodes in the series but i stopped because it used up too much of my feeble CPU

but just now i was looking through the list of my peers on a handful of torrents.. many of them in the 100's of kb/s (which is amazing considering the number of peers:seeders i think).. and 80% of these people were using bitornado.. what makes bitTornado soo good.. or in fact any client better over any other... because theoretically it should be a level playing field between them.. i have a 1.1mb connection but im passed through a router thats not portforwarded... im d/l bitTornado as we speak.

thanku any1 for reading this far and/or replying =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:19 pm 
Tornado is necessary when you want to superseed, for leeching BC is number 1 everything else is in between.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:07 pm 
BT is the best, other clients suck. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:12 am 
Due to mi downloading like 50 torrents at some times I step over to bitlord and I use Azereus for downloading my episodes automatically my point

Bitlord is FAR faster then Azereus here I get 50 kb/s white Azereus I get 75 ore 100 white bitlord so it is possible (the same torrent)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 am 
BitLord, BitComet, and BitSpirit all use the same core logic.
...And they all violate the BitTorrent protocol to cheat to varying degrees.
They get slightly better than 'average' download speeds because of this, but by doing so they sabotage others and can cause the torrent to die (meaning less than 1 copy shared) sooner than it should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:21 am 
Does this mean bittornado is better then bittorrent cause im using bittorrent right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:26 am 
bt original is better, faster, use less memory, highly stable. bt shadow sucks, crash often and suck up as much memory as azureus 512mb to 1gb. You need 1.5gb to 2gb to run this shitty client. fucking cheap assed client, programmed using basic c++

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:05 am 
Anonymous wrote:
bt original is better, faster, use less memory, highly stable. bt shadow sucks, crash often and suck up as much memory as azureus 512mb to 1gb. You need 1.5gb to 2gb to run this shitty client. fucking cheap assed client, programmed using basic c++

Nice of you to bother using a name. But you are wrong. I've never had BitTornado use more than 10mb of memory and tha was downloading a DVD9 .iso file. Now are you talking about opening BT multiple times? Use ABC then, same core, different GUI. Lean before speaking and try common scense, if possible.

Use as memory as Azureus? Just with that one statment I know you're full of it. I've had Azureus us up to 160mb. But guess what, if you're going to use the new fancy programs with the big protocols then you need a good computer. I have a gig of physical memory in my "new" computer and 512 in my old junker. Memory does not cost that much.

Whatever your reasons are for not having a recent computer, its your problem don't come whineing to us. It's your problem not ours. Use uTorrent or Mainline.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]